Best Quest Mount combo

JockRockape

I guess that this request for advice has been aired previously so apologies in advance but can anyone suggest the best combination of mounting system for my R1200gs/Garmin Quest? I am keen to locate the unit above the instruments as I will be using it in conjunction with a tank bag.

I am keen to power the unit from the PTO below the seat and I have a suitable plug supplied by BMW. Is it a straightforward job to connect the plug to the power cable supplied as part of the official Garmin motorbike bracket/cradle. I am thinking that the Garmin bracket/cradle in conjunction with a TT mount may be the best combo?

Thanks in advance

Well JR no one else is going to answer so I'll give it a go and welcome you to the group as a newbie too! Great bunch and plenty if info on the site especially if you can search and don't mind trawling through a load of stuff.

I've ordered a 1200 and am looking at the various options for mounting my quest. Currently use a mix of RAM and a TT cradle with TT power supply/audio output on my 1150. I've fitted a BMW plug on the end of the cable and use my auxilary socket.
I should imaging that it's just as easy to do the same to the Garmin motorcycle cradle. Not sure about your reference to combining the Garmin cradle to a TT mount though as I thought that they were both cradles.

Starting from scratch I'd probably go down the route of Garmin Motorcycle cradle and RAM mounts to fit to the bar around the instrument panel as the cheapest option.

John

Quest audio

Hi,
I have just got a Garmin Quest and need to find a good earpiece to fit in my helmet. Any suggestions ?

I also intend to mount the Quest above the clocks on my 1200GS using a home made clamp and the Garmin M/c kit. I will post the results.

Lee Dove

TT locking holder on RAM mount. Bit daft really as you only need to unscrew the RAM mount and the whole thing comes off! Will be powered from the extra socket on the dash, when the lead turns up.
27614403-S.jpg

Mark

JAY said:

I've ordered a 1200 and am looking at the various options for mounting my quest. Currently use a mix of RAM and a TT cradle with TT power supply/audio output on my 1150. I've fitted a BMW plug on the end of the cable and use my auxilary socket.
I should imaging that it's just as easy to do the same to the Garmin motorcycle cradle. Not sure about your reference to combining the Garmin cradle to a TT mount though as I thought that they were both cradles.

Starting from scratch I'd probably go down the route of Garmin Motorcycle cradle and RAM mounts to fit to the bar around the instrument panel as the cheapest option.

John

IMHO .. whilst appearing to remain impartial and spending ££ only once ... the RAM GA15 cradle holds the Quest better than the Garmin '10610', so reflect again and compare with RAM-B-149Z, RAM-HOL-GA15 cradle and QPAC01 or with power plug, QPAC02 or QPAC03 for either a 1150GS or 1200GS.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom