Reading area meeting Wednesday 20th July 2005 - Note change of venue

The presence of a ford at the end of the pub grounds is purely coincidental ;)

If I go the long way round the engine might get warm!

Hopefully will see you there...

bloody hell, it's even further away !!!:D

unfortunately gonna have to miss this month's. I've gotta work late, plus it's my sister's birthday:beer:

will be there in August though

:beerjug:

Didn't think I could make it this month but now I can :)

Might be a few minutes late but I will be there!!!

Clive, I presume that you have some photos from the trip to Garmish?

Titch said:
Clive, I presume that you have some photos from the trip to Garmish?

The first three days of my trip (pre Garmisch) are on Mike's blog

http://mikeprince.typepad.com/journey_to_/2005/07/keeping_an_appo.html
http://mikeprince.typepad.com/journey_to_/2005/07/through_lorrain.html
http://mikeprince.typepad.com/journey_to_/2005/07/bmw_assist.html

I took more than normal in the first few days as Mike's camera self destructed - the rest I took are still on my laptop - they show the usual stuff, Bike, Trees, Mountains etc but as usual I can't remember where most of them were taken
:rolleyes:

:D

Oooops - sorry - had too many other competing things today, not including commuter hell on the trains this morning. See you next month.

A fine evening we had tonight. Clive took us to a new venue called the Lands End, serving brakspeares finest. And we all had a nibble of Nobby's nuts - a first for most of us.

DSC03379.JPG

Pondboy arrived first and as we parked at the front of the pub I met him coming round from the back having decided that his 'economy model' (ie baldish) front tyre was not going to be tested in the ford. I whipped round the back (fnar) and had a splash through, getting some nice sideways sliding going :eek: trying to make a splash on my return

Clive and Titch arrived next and then we saw a 'slow' yellow bike pull up at the far side of the ford, which was visible from the pub beer garden.

I rushed down there with my camera and was lucky to find Chris being overtaken by some push bikes. Proof positive that the yeller uns are very slow :D

DSC03375.JPG

After some reassuring yells from me he powered through

DSC03376.JPG

After a bit of banter and before the light went I got Clive to do the photos for me

Coming down.....

DSC03377.JPG

and through

DSC03378.JPG

Usual suspects. Chris, Pondboy, Titch and Clive

DSC03380.JPG

The bog in the pub had a very strange condom machine :confused: :confused: anyone ever used one ??

DSC03381.JPG

And some interesting graffiti

DSC03382.JPG

Clive was well confused by the height of the chair backs in the dining area. We must eat there next month Clive :D

DSC03383.JPG

Clive then awed us (or did Pondboy say 'bored' us?) with his OS map of the Reading area with practically every byway highlighted to show he had ridden them

DSC03384.JPG

'Oh my god here's one I haven't done' he didn't say

DSC03385.JPG

Around 9.30 we left and Clive asked me if I fancied a ride to another ford. Sure I said (fool). We shot off in the failing light down green lanes (another first for me). And through another ford, a bit deeper and gravellier than the pub one.

A group of workmen were surprised to see us coming through and were able to warn us to not fall in the hole they had dug further along the lane as it had live cables sat in the bottom. Sharpens the concentration that kind of warning I can tell you

We ended up at the end of another lane which was only rideable thanks to the fantastic lights of the 1200 ;)

DSC03388.JPG

With flash

DSC03387.JPG

The sign says 'unsuitable for motors - hehehehe

Another cracking night, cheers Clive.

Dahoum said:
Will you have a new front tyre by then :D

I doubt it, he's had that tyre since before we went on the coastal run, I dont think he can bear to part from it, not until he gets it looking like his rear Dunlop:nono :D

Having binned the previous front Trailwing with half the thread still on it due to its slippy slidey tendencies. I'm hanging on to my front Pirelli as it still grips like a dog on a bone with just 1.5-2mm of tread on it. Hopefully it should last to the end of August. :) PB

Back
Top Bottom