Spain ferry

GEOFFREY DEACON

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just trying to budget a ferry to santander and can`t seem to book two bikes on the internet,, Brittany Ferries.
Anybody know how??, and do`s anyone know how to get a good deal/discount for two bikes and riders etc,
MCN deals are only to bilboe??,

Going in early sept,,3rd to 18th ish,,
Any help would be great.. Geoff.

Try ringing Brittany Ferries direct on 0870 5360360

I phoned Brittany Direct and got a £680 priced based on two riders and bikes,But got a price of £426 for two riders and one bike(unable to book 2nd bike?), Thats £254 for the 2nd bike??,
I know that they charge for a unused passenger seat But £254?.
I did book one bike +rider and still got £426??.

Brittany Ferries.

Cheap they ain't!

12 years ago it cost me over £400 for a return Plymouth-Santander, one bike two people!

If you are willing to chance it, the later you leave booking the second bike the better. BF operate a policy of not accepting bookings without a cabin until all the cabins are taken.

If you have a cabin for one booking, second rider books late, when all the cabins have gone, gets the cheaper option of couchette or not if they have gone too, then shares the cabin.

That used to work some years ago.

If you're not set on direct to Spain, Plymouth-Roscoff is a lot cheaper. One day on Autoroutes or two using more interesting roads will get you to the Pyrenees.

P&O Ferries are cutting prices at the moment, but that does mean Bilbao instead of Santender.... however its still expensive £444 return or thereabouts because of having to take a cabin on both legs of the trip.

i went a few weeks ago with a mate, two bikes, he booked it by phone, original price was about £325 person & bike but using the magic words for a promo they were offering 'discovering spain' he got it for £195 each (no cabin). They are quite happy to find you the best promo deal on the phone. We hoped to be able to do a deal on the cabin at sea but they would'nt play, I think we ended up paying £70-80 for a 2 berth each way.

Back
Top Bottom