TITS information and details document

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've tried all sorts of fancy stuff and failed miserably, so I've gone back a few weeks and uploaded a basic (and rather unatractive) version of a document with an overview of what we're up to.

It's not pretty and could really look a lot better, but if you need to use it for the time being feel free to do so.......

If any of our graphics gurus or desktop design experts would like to have a bash at improving it, please do have a go........

I'd really like a version with a nice Honda logo embedded somewhere (for approaching Honda UK and their dealers for spares etc), with a UKGSer logo as well, maybe a desert type background, UKGSer style theme and maybe some more C90 pics....sadly, my photoshop skills are sorely lacking so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also going to post this as a bit of an appeal in BC&B ;)

I'll also need details from all of the team to add to one version of the document......

Name
Hometown
Age (if you like....fudge it if you don't ;) )
Occupation (roughly if you like)
What you ride now (we'll leave that out of the Honda version)
What you think of the challenge, what you hope to get out of it etc etc.

Anyway, the document is in standard Word .doc format, let me know if you need it in anything different.

As I said, it's going to change and get better very soon hopefully......but there are some things we really need to get going on (like acquiring another 7 scoots ;) ) so it's (deliberately broken link)

my details

HI Bill, here are my details to add to the document.

Name. Jeremy Best.
Hometown. Oakworth, Keighley.
Age. nearly 40:) (party at three stags on weekend 19th-20th august):beerjug:
Occupation. Dental Technician
What I ride now. R1200gs, XJ900, C90.
Why!. Because its a once in a lifetime opportunity to do a totally outragous ride that isn't just for me.

I hope to start going out on a weeks scrounging when I'm on leave at the start of august. will let you know when and where in the next few days.

Do you have a sponsorship form that we can all print off with the relavent details on?

must get back to work now.

cheers Jez

Sponsorship forms on their way....two versions, one for personal sponsorship (to cover individual's costs and targetted towards personal friends and family) and another one for corporate and general sponsorship aimed at, er, Corporations and senior army officers.

:rolleyes:

Cheers...................................................Jeremy :D
:hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce:

That's ok William. :hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce: :monkyswin

Hi Bill, still struggling with the extra time off at the moment. Decision soon......

Anyway, if these forms are going to potential sponsors it may be an idea to photoshop the picture of the kids so that it doesn't say in large letters

"THANKS TO THE GS TOSSERS" :D

Cheers

Dick

Lol...no, don't think we'll be using that one on anywhere apart from the website :D

It's there as a space filler for now ;)

PS Dick (and the others) I need some info from you to add to the doc and the website :thumb

Name: Dirk Lottering

Hometown: Tilbury, Essex, Innit :)

What you ride now: Honda XRV 750, Yamaha XT600 Teneré

What I hope to get out of this:

The smiles and gratitude from people less fortunenate than us is more than I could ever ask for, this is the type of experience where we being brought down to earth realising there is more important things in life than earthly belongings and selfish accomplishments is a good enough reason for me to cross a desert and give my luxuries up for the time it takes.

If our trip and efforts can help one simple human being I would be happy, if it can help several will be ecstatic. I also hope to inspire people who's been dreaming those dreams to go out and make it reality. If we can do it - YOU can do it!

Thanks to MMC, we now have a much better looking document for use in thrusting under dealer's noses and approaching sponsors......

It's not finished yet.....(TITS TEAM....I ALSO NOW NEED A PHOTO TO GO ON IT ;) )but it's immensely better than the original version........

It's an Adobe .pdf file so nearly everyone will have the reader programme....if you don't, it should prompt you for the reader when you click the link below.

Print off just the pages you need......Obviously not the photo page yet, but the rest should be useful.

We'll try and get some printed up properly soon, but TBH there's not much point until it's finished, but at least now we all have something that looks good enough to bash people around the head with to try and get those elusive last 8 scoots :thumb

The file is HERE

Bill
When are you going to have the bank account set up so we can start sending in money for the cause ? I have a donation pending for you from someone who wanted a donation to TITS instead of payment to himself......luverly bloke ;)

It's set up Marc.......we have an account number and sort code but it's going to be 'live' in the next 245-48 hours...I'm just waiting for a phone call from our tame Financial Guru Ralphy and I'll post it straight away.

:)

:thumb
Don't forget to get the IBAN and BIC (Swift) code for the account too. This enables non-UK residents to send you money cheaply and easily too.

The IBAN is the International Bank Account Number and is usually something like this GB12BARC123456789123 and the BIC is the Bank Identification Code and will be something like GBBARCBEE. With these codes anyone in the world can easily send money directly into the account. They can be obtained from your branch - just ask them.

Don't forget to get the IBAN and BIC (Swift) code for the account too. This enables non-UK residents to send you money cheaply and easily too.

yeah, righto ?

didn't work from this neck o' the woods, if you remember ?

I'm sure it only works in Belgium , in the town you live in..

no-one else has ever heard of it :D

Motomartin,

As a regular sender of money from one country to another I can confirm that IBAN and BIC are essential.

I have also posted this as a reminder that I have a some funds to send in for TITS.

Do you think my avater is the guy behind yours?
:whip

I've been a'fiddlin and a'tartin........

there's a new version of the PDF brochure up, with some bits added to the map page that now shows the route.

It's rather larger than the original 'cos I'm just getting to grips with this Adobe 7 thingy, and I'll try and make it smaller soon.....

It's downloadable HERE

Comments and suggestions welcome.....

Plus I still need info from those who haven't sent it to me yet, and a head and shoulders type photo (or whatever you want to use) for the team bio pages......

motomartin said:

yeah, righto ?

didn't work from this neck o' the woods, if you remember ?

I'm sure it only works in Belgium , in the town you live in..

no-one else has ever heard of it :D

:p No...the problem was that wiring money from your Cayman Islands account through your Swiss account via Lichtenstein into my off shore account in Jersey was just a bit too much for the post office savings account computer to cope with and it melted :D

photo

cant email you through the site so heres a photo for the document.

Attachments

• IM000073.jpg
    IM000073.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 108
For easy reference, the latest cleanest version of the PDF document is HERE FOR DOWNLOAD

I've had a copuiple of people comment that they can't open it all....it was done in Acrobat 7 and apparently v5 can't see all the parts in it...I'll try and save it later as a version 5 pdf or at least as something that all versions can use ;)

:)

Back
Top Bottom