Eastern Europe maps for 2610

Sort of yes and no.

Garmin do not produce any maps for Eastern Europe that are any better than the base map.

There are however ways of using things like the Touratech QV maps (based in Eastern Europe on Russion Military mapping) with a GPS unit, but it'll cost you several hundred pounds to get yourself set up.

I'm currently converting WP's from the same Russian maps to a form that I can use on a quest for our trip across the Sahara, but it's something I'm having to do manually and it takes a fair while.

Otherwise, and the simple answer to your question, No.

The most recent release of City Navigator Europe includes detailed coverage for the Czech Republic.

There are Garmin authorized companies (independent operators, but authorized by Garmin) that sell vector cartography in Garmin format for some Eastern European countries - for example, Croatia, Poland, et al. I have never used this data, so I can't comment on it. It is fairly expensive on a per-capita basis. You can get more information about this by going to the Garmin website.

My guess, though, is that these companies target their products more at residents of their country than at visitors.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom