Disposal of used engine oil,

Intrepid Ken

I’ve decided that I need to learn how to do basic maintenance on my bike. As a total beginner I can see that I have a lot to learn and more than likely shall be posting many questions over the coming months.

Now for my first. I live in central London and as a good citizen, keen to do the right thing; I would like to know how to dispose of my used engine oil.

Also if anyone has a interest in doing some basic maintenance on their GS or one of mine (not a 1200) and they live near to the City of London I would be keen to see if it is possible to share or learn together. I have the tools, a lifting platform and room.

Oh ... does anyone know if Steptoe does emergency visits. I can see that I may need to establish an account. I always end up with spare bits.

Intrepid Ken said:
Now for my first. I live in central London and as a good citizen, keen to do the right thing; I would like to know how to dispose of my used engine oil.

Your local municipal tip should have the facilities for the disposal of engine oil.
I've even seen some in a local supermarket carpark recycling point but I think these are few and far between. Ring your local council and they should point you in the right direction.

Steve B

Ken, if you have the green recycle boxes, I believe you can put sealed containers of waste oil in those. It may depend on what borough you are in but certainly in Ealing where I lived, it was ok.

They even took old car or bike batteries :)

Back
Top Bottom