Glen Finnan-Acharacle trip

john uytman

Hi,

I am considering a trip from Glen Finnan (Prince Charlie`s Monument) south down the track on the east side of Loch Shiel ending at Acharacle.

I have walked some of it from the north end but cannot remember if there is a barrier which would stop a motorcycle at either end. Is a motorcycle allowed to use this track?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Uytman

john uytman said:
Is a motorcycle allowed to use this track?

Strictly speaking, no, bikes are not allowed !!!!!

12462363-M.jpg
:thumb

I've not been on that run in a couple of months, and as far as I know there is a bridge down so be prepared to turn back. I managed to get over it on the 650, don’t think I would have attempted it on a bigger bike.

When/ If you make it to the end at Ardshealach take the (A861) Salen/ Strontian road , fantastic road surface with fast flowing bends and you can catch the ferry at Corran back onto the A82, 8 miles south of Fort William.

17925653-M.jpg

When are you planning the run ? I may be able to join you.

G C

G.C. said:
Strictly speaking, no, bikes are not allowed !!!!!

G C
No ... yer not allowed up there

Attachments

• KINLOCH2 (Small).JPG
    KINLOCH2 (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 193
this sounds interesting but there is nothing on the map, has anyone got a GPS track of this road.?

allan

I'm gonna try that route myself - probabaly get into trouble :tosser but i'll just plead the 5th :nono where do you get on the road and whats signposted?

Directions

Allan, sorry I dont do GPS.
Smirky I cant PM you and dont want to post directions on an open forum.

Give me a ring if I can help. Work 01397 703587 M 0771 891 6981
Cheers

G C

G.C. said:
Allan, sorry I dont do GPS.
Smirky I cant PM you and dont want to post directions on an open forum.

GC,

I can understand you not wanting to give it out on an open forum. I managed to find it anyway, I just needed to look at an OS map. thats the problem with GPS and autorouting its only good for public roads. :rolleyes:

allan

The bridge I mentioned.....
15100464-M.jpg

I'll try and have a run up there this week and let you know how it is now.

The track is only about 10/12 miles from me. I'd happily join you for a run.(Any excuse to get out for a few hours)

I came across 12/15 "beasts" earlier in the year, they were at the Loch side and slowly crossed in front of me, they only took flight as I took out the camera.
15100469-S.jpg

G C

Superb Gordon :thumb i've got your number so i'll give you a call when i'm going to attempt it :clap

Back
Top Bottom