Slightly O/T, visor scratch removal

PJGoose69

Just a query really, got a fine scuff type scratch on my Arai tinted visor, want to polish it out, but not really sure the best method or product?? Anyone got any ideas before i attempt ti and make a hash of it :tosser

Goose :tosser

On scale model transparencies ( cockpit canopies,etc ) a successful method is polishing using powdered toothpaste .

I`ve restored scratched CD`s ( which won`t play due to the scratch ) by CAREFULLY polishing with T-Cut....and also with Brasso.
A recent one was done with Auto Glym Colour Restorer,which is like T-Cut, but better.

Any of these would be worth trying.

In case you`re wondering why I have so many scratched CD`s,it`s one of the hazards of DJing until 2am !!

Cleaning the visor with Plexus gradually reduces hazing and minor abrasions over time. Plexus is a plastic cleaner protectant & polish originally developed for use in aviation.

I started using it last winter on an old helmet/visor and was surprised by the difference it made, especially to the glare from car headlights at night (caused by scratches on the visor).

Cheers
Mark

Back
Top Bottom