linking throttle bodies

roddy

Reaction score
I'm shortly going to be doing the 48k service on my 1100gs, and will be attempting to balance the throttle bodies for the first time, valve clearance's, etc..

this got me thinking, there used to be a mod you did on the Faser-600 where you joined the carb bodys together via the vacumn spur, the reasoning being that it let all the carbs balance to each other and took out some of the buzziness at 7K revs, it did seem to work,

So has anybody tried to connect the GS throttle bodies together using the vacumn spur to help balance the induction pulses during use, it may help smooth things out ?

roddy said:
So has anybody tried to connect the GS throttle bodies together using the vacumn spur to help balance the induction pulses during use, it may help smooth things out ?

The 2 or 3 people I know who've done it said it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Steve said:
The 2 or 3 people I know who've done it said it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

fair enuf, I probably try it out of interest though

On the GS the throttle bodies are about 2 feet apart, on the Fazer the carbs are maybe 2 inches apart. I wonder if that's why?

that a fair point I hadn't thought of, since the pulses would have disappated by the time the next pulse comes along

A well it was worth asking, cheers

Back
Top Bottom