tiz odd!

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sure that the last time I fitted a Remus Y the BMW exhaust clamps fitted .
Anyway, the clamps that came with the Remus Y for my Adventure are crap so decided to put the guard thing back on by the can and fit the BMW clamps at the y bit, well bugger me there too big.not by a lot mind you , when pulled up tight they just spin.poo.

Anyone rekomend a alternative supplier or a fix.

Remus clamps

Bob James said:
I'm sure that the last time I fitted a Remus Y the BMW exhaust clamps fitted .
Anyway, the clamps that came with the Remus Y for my Adventure are crap so decided to put the guard thing back on by the can and fit the BMW clamps at the y bit, well bugger me there too big.not by a lot mind you , when pulled up tight they just spin.poo.

Anyone rekomend a alternative supplier or a fix.

Bob

I had the same problem with my last adventure. They are tight to fit over using the standard cover............but with a litlle patience and jiggling it does fit.

Regards

Raindancer said:
Bob

I had the same problem with my last adventure. They are tight to fit over using the standard cover............but with a litlle patience and jiggling it does fit.

Regards

Noooooooo!
The clamps dont fit , looks like the end's of the y piece are not rolled as much as the bm one or they are using a thinner gauge for the #Y piece.
Looks like I need a trip to halfords.......

I've always found the remus clips are of good quality ? they can't be the genuine article - and yes, the BMW clamps are to large for the remus Y piece connections .

i had the same thing and i took out the spacer that stops the bm clamp closing tight. it works fine. tight now

flooky said:
i had the same thing and i took out the spacer that stops the bm clamp closing tight. it works fine. tight now

I think I'll try the spacer removal , maybee get it machined down a tad.
thanks.

Back
Top Bottom