rear peg (and front) lowering

taylors

anybody know of a good rear peg lowering kit?

if i lower the fronts, how much is involved with lowering the gearlever and brake pedal?

ian

Rear pegs

Ian,

Just over a year ago I bought a Verholen pillion footpeg lowering kit which transfomed the bike from one that my wife could only manage about 20 minutes on to one that she coped with 6hr + days whilst we were touring Spain last year. To my mind it was £110 very well spent. The kit itself is well made and very easy to fit. It took about a week from ordering online to receiving it. The website address is http://www.verholen.de

At the time I had looked at getting the kit elsewhere, but Wunderlich wouldn't sell it to me, and SPC were about 25% more expensive. Things may have changed since then so it would be worth looking around.

I'm afraid I haven't tried the front pegs, so can't comment on those.

Iain L

Ian,

I've recently fitted a set of front rests, obtained from Motorworks. Whilst the ride is more comfortable on the higher seat position I can hardly touch the ground. In the lower position it was less comfortable, hence the lower rests. As a bonus the gear change is better and the rear brake more controllable (not that I use it much). As I haven't yet persuaded the wife to go on the back, I've not bothered to change the rear ones. (Bike is R850GS, same as 1100 except bore size).

Bullcroft

Taylors,

For what appears to be a low cost option for your pillion footrests have a look here. I don't know anything about them, so normal disclaimers apply!

MikeO:)

Ian,i too am looking at lowering rear pegs.
Iain is correct.the option seems to be the verholen solid brackets at around 110pounds,which are the type wunderlich sold.
or the type that dannygsi is selling.
But do you use panniers? danny gsi type cannot be used with bmw panniers because the pannier mounting lug is lowered.
I have seen the mv verholen type but just can't get her to pay for them:D
no response to my wanted ad either.

taylors said:
if i lower the fronts, how much is involved with lowering the gearlever and brake pedal?

Ian,

certainly with the Verholen kit, which I bought from Motorworks about 18 months ago, you get extension pieces which allow you to lengthen the gear linkage and lower the rear brake pedal. Very easy and takes about 10 minutes to do.

Steve.

Like Steve, I've got the Verholen footpeg lowering kit. Well made. Easy to fit. Transforms the riding position. I've got bar risers as well. With both on I can now stand very comfortably in a near vertical position without the strain on my back I was getting off-road before. Also, with a heightened custom seat on its high position I have no knee problems either. My bike is now the most comfortable I've ever owned.

Attachments

• verholen & brake pedal ii.jpg
    verholen & brake pedal ii.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 274
As you'll see from the above picture I've also added the brake extender plate. I played around with the fitting kit for the gear lever and brake lever and ended up leaving the original brake piston in place. I found the brake pedal too low originally but with adjustment it's now perfect for the way I ride.

Adjustment is very easy. The lowering kit comes with a shorter piston (2) that you use to replace the original. The pedal is a cantilever: lengthen/shorten 2 and you'll raise/lower the pedal. You can make minor adjustments with 1.

Attachments

• brake piston.jpeg
    brake piston.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 279

Back
Top Bottom