MCN 'so called' ferry discounts

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
Having had to give MCN £1.70 of my hard earned money today (something I really begrudge) in order to get their discount details for P&O ferries I logged onto the web site to get "up to 50% off" on a return Dover / Calais crossing end of Sept / beggining Oct.

The best they could come up with was £72!!! I could get a cheaper crossing by just turning up at Dover and getting the next available ferry :rolleyes:
So I phoned just to make sure the web site wasn't going 'wappy' and, yes, £72 was the best deal they could do and that included MCN discount, ho hum!

Any way, I've just booked with Sea France on near identical crossing times and it's cost me £40 :)

Yet another reason not to bother buying MCN me thinks :spitfire

Andres

Serves you right for buying multi coloured bog roll..... :D

Actually,I wouldn`t even wipe my arse with MCN.

tarka said:
Actually,I wouldn`t even wipe my arse with MCN.
yeah... the print comes of...
you'd have a multi coloured arse

MCN Ferry deal

Last week we booked our Ferry from Holyhead to Dublin for five bikes/riders. Initially the girl said £85 each, but when asked if they had any offers on, she said the best offer at the moment was the MCN offer which would drop the cost to £67 each! So we just said that's the offer we would take then! No vouchers needed or anything! Didn't even buy the paper.

So maybe they sometimes get it right?

Will

Offers are now meaningless. Last 12 months have seen prices drop to as low as £29 each way with the major operators without booking. I paid E42 for my return on Monday the 12th September simply on turning up at Calais ticket office. Crossed on the 06.40 boat. I dont book in advance for my return trip on the basis that an additional £10 booking amendment charge is levied if you return on an earlier or later day. One way going out at the end of June with tunnel was £29 (roughly E42) I was in more of a rush. I prefer the ferry simply because by the time I get there I've already covered 300 miles when travelling South and 640 when heading North. The food and coffee is overpriced crap but a couple of hours rest is a good start before heading off. Total cost now should be less than £30 each way with any Calais/Dover route without booking in advance or any 'special offers', lots of competition and bikes will almost always fit somewhere.

if your in the AA you get a £150 discount sailing to Bilbao at the moment cost three of us and bikes £167 return each.
AA discount might apply on other P+O routes ???

Back
Top Bottom