Good Roads in Black Forest

Andy Hird

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know any good rides places to stay in the Black Forrest ? Am I right in thinking the 500 road is good ???

Cheers,

Andy :thumb

Nearly All The Roads Are Great!!

Hi Andy,
Plenty of great roads in the Black Forest, including the 500.

Last year we spent a couple of nights in this hotel :-
www.hotel-waldblick.de It's in a small village called Schenkenzell about 15 miles south of Freudenstadt. The village itself is not very inspiring but there's plenty round about. The hotel is superb, the food superb and it's a member of the Motor Bike Hotel organisation ( garage!)

This year we stayed a few days at this hotel:-
www.jaegerstueble-fds.de It's right in the central square of Freudenstadt, again the food is great and they have a lock-up which bikes can use

We also stayed in a small guest house - Pension Anna, in Titisee, about 20 miles east of Freiburg, another great area with great roads to explore. I can supply an address and e-mail for this if you interested?

Cheers..........................Grizzly :beer:

Grizzly said:
Hi Andy,
Plenty of great roads in the Black Forest, including the 500.

Last year we spent a couple of nights in this hotel :-
www.hotel-waldblick.de It's in a small village called Schenkenzell about 15 miles south of Freudenstadt. The village itself is not very inspiring but there's plenty round about. The hotel is superb, the food superb and it's a member of the Motor Bike Hotel organisation ( garage!)

This year we stayed a few days at this hotel:-
www.jaegerstueble-fds.de It's right in the central square of Freudenstadt, again the food is great and they have a lock-up which bikes can use

We also stayed in a small guest house - Pension Anna, in Titisee, about 20 miles east of Freiburg, another great area with great roads to explore. I can supply an address and e-mail for this if you interested?

Cheers..........................Grizzly :beer:

Cheers Grizly,

Can you supply the details of the pension please, I'm on a tight budget and the pension sounds like it might be cheap.
Many Thanks,

Pension Anna Details

Hi Andy.
This pension was really nice with great breakfast etc and because Titisee is a popular place I'm not sure that it's a lot cheaper than the two hotels?? we were there in July and we were 25 Euro p/person p/night.??
both the hotels are in the north of the B/forest next to the 500 and the pension is in the south of the B/forest

Pension Anna
(Eva Wamhoff)
Alte Poststr 6
79822 Titisee

Tel:- 07651 8435 fax :- 88157

e-mail:- pension_anna@t-online.de

It might be cheaper at this time of year?. They even took their Audi out of the garage so we could get the bike in!!

Cheers.....................Grizzly :beer:

Titisee is ok ... but a little tacky ...

I really like Freiburg - it's a buzzy town with good food at least two brewhouses

All the roads are good ... and the locals friendly .. enjoy!

Titisee Tacky???

Hello Mr Pieman,
I kinda know what you mean about Titisee - it's only a small place, but because of it's situation on the shore of the lake and having great roads and scenery in all directions it's a bit or tourist spot but I wouldn't use the word "tacky" to describe it? - in fact most things about the place are very nice, and, after all, the idea for us GSer's is usually a scenic stop-off for one or two nights with easy access to the area and food/beer only a stroll away in the evening? :beer:
Freiburg is a nice city - but it's also a BIG city with large grafiti-covered housing estates surrounding it and you then have a long busy journeys back and forward to get out into the real Black Forest??
Anyway, I was only passing on info on accomodation I'd used - and found to be excellent - I wasn't trying plan his tour or route - I'm sure he's got that roughly planned already?

Cheers..................Grizzly :beer:

Andy Hird said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know any good rides places to stay in the Black Forrest ? Am I right in thinking the 500 road is good ???

Cheers,

Try Gasthof Linde in Oberwolfach. (Central in the Black Forest)
The place is run by an absolute bike nut.

www.riding-relaxing.de

He can source rooms locally if he doen't have any and has loads of contacts and local knowledge.
The guy is also a superb chef and great host.

Was there 3 days ago.......... :clap

ChrisKelley said:
Try Gasthof Linde in Oberwolfach. (Central in the Black Forest)
The place is run by an absolute bike nut.

www.riding-relaxing.de

He can source rooms locally if he doen't have any and has loads of contacts and local knowledge.
The guy is also a superb chef and great host.

Was there 3 days ago.......... :clap

Oops! That should be www.touring-relaxing.de

Grizzly said:
Hello Mr Pieman,
I kinda know what you mean about Titisee ... but I wouldn't use the word "tacky" to describe it?
Titisee has a great campsite overlooking the lake. A series of tiered level areas rising up, all with good views. Very quiet and peaceful. Went there as a kid and took the family 30+ years later--still the same.

Tim

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression ... Titisee is fine , nice view etc. At weekends it gets very crowded with Dutch / Germans and becomes a little like Ambleside ....

But the Black Forest is big .... and you can't go too wrong.

Back
Top Bottom