today's fun in kent

nadeem

Nice to see you all today... :) Good ride off road...:D

Bill & Clive - let's see those pics... :bounce1

Doh Ok then.......

Good turn out as usual, and apart from a wait 'cos some twat lost his back gate key (sorry chaps) we met at the Plough

36482668-L.jpg

It's an easy ride out along a couple of track sections of the Pilgrim's way until you get to the bottom of the hill below Vigo, where you have to go up (or along an illegal Bridleway)

What does that sign say Phil???

36482697-L.jpg

Obviously we'd never do anything like parking there, now would we :cool:

36482793-M.jpg

Steptoe had either had a pants incident or his boots were too tight....

36482716-L.jpg

Nadeem dropped a rather vile one, which iumpressed the lads no end-

36482828-L.jpg

Then it was off up the chute...this is the flattish bit near the top, below the bend is the steep bit with the steps in it...lots of loose flints, mud and stuff, a good little technical section ;)

36482865-L.jpg

Steve (Beemer) made it up in one go with a big holler of glee (or was it fear and relief :D )

36482875-L.jpg

Turned out it was a combination of all of the above :D

Steptoe on his way up
36483334-M.jpg

After collecting a tree, or maybe a bush, or a tree that was a bush on weekends only, he made it with a few scratches and a twisted mirror

36483339-L.jpg

It's a small world.....Steve bumps into a couple of old friends he hasn't seen for 6 years.
They were ok though, no damage done :rolleyes:

36483343-M.jpg

But after a great hill climb, he finds that a puddle is a bit more of a challenge and bins it :eek:
36483353-M.jpg

That's all I got for some reason.....could have sworn I took more.

Cheers for the ride chaps....nice to get out for a couple of hours :thumb

Bill

Cheers Bill, thoroughly enjoyed the 'bimble' today. It was a day with a few 'incidents', but hopefully nothing more than superficial damage :rolleyes: .

We must do it again, and, perhaps venture further afield next time. :thumb

Phil Reynolds said:
Cheers Bill, thoroughly enjoyed the 'bimble' today. It was a day with a few 'incidents', but hopefully nothing more than superficial damage :rolleyes: .

We must do it again, and, perhaps venture further afield next time. :thumb

Yup....I'll have a good pore over the maps for the Pilgrim's way further along towards Maidstone..it starts up again as a RUPP or BOAT after the bridge but we'll have to either start that side or go down through Rochester and back out.

Bill & Co

Thanks for a great couple of hours :thumb

Was thoroughly enjoying it until the "puddle" :( And just to clarify, the shout at the top of the chute was mainly from fear, what a buzz :D

Not sure I'll be doing it again though as it's just taken me the best part of the afternoon to get the bike back to it's normal shiney state.

Excellent reception on my return home though, wife walked straight past me, as I was clutching my aching chest and shoulder from the "puddle"incident, and said "I'm not worried about you, how's the bloody bike" !!!!

Thanks again guys,
Steve

she's got her priorities right mate... :D And have you booked that Chunnel ticket...?

nadeem said:
she's got her priorities right mate... :D And have you booked that Chunnel ticket...?

Not yet, will do it in about an hour. :thumb

excellent...tell the mistress of the house I look forward to seeing her there... :thumb

I've bent my fairing frame/supporting bracket :( in the incident with the shrub/tree/bush

And i sold the only one i had last week :rolleyes:

Steptoe said:
I've bent my fairing frame/supporting bracket :( in the incident with the shrub/tree/bush

And i sold the only one i had last week :rolleyes:

Dont you add that to my service bill on Thursday Neil!!!! :nono

nadeem said:
Clive - let's see those pics... :bounce1

Only two are usable - I must have been on the wrong setting for moving shots :(

Phil...

Attachments

• P9180001.JPG
    P9180001.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 233
And Bill - Spanish test riding a 1200 :eek:

Attachments

• P9180008.JPG
    P9180008.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 233
that shot of Bill isn't half-bad - takes me ages to get that effect in Photoshop... :D

Clive - I meant to ask - what's the price of the wunderlich handlebar risers...no price on their site...?

Back
Top Bottom