Sugarcube & Emma down.......

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sugarcube (Errol) and his wife Emma came off their 1200 today just outside Keady in Co. Armagh.

Emma was taken to Daisy Hill Hospital in Newry with suspected leg injuries, but happily has been discharged from hospital and is here at my house. I am just leaving now to take her home to Carrickfergus by car.

The bike sustained only minor damage and is rideable.

Full report and pics to follow later this evening.

Aidan

Sugarcube Down

nadeem said:
Good to hear that the lady is okay...how is Sugarcube?

I add my sentiments to Nadeems..............Hope they are both OK :thumb

Regards

Get well soon emma im working on the pics maybe aidan will have more luck with them than me. A bad end to good days riding. Nice to meet some new faces today :thumb

His left hand is a bit sore, you want to see his Roof helmet, punctured. :(

Just leaving now to run Emma home in my car, the left rear footrest is gone...

Full update & pics later.

Thanks Nadeem.

Well done Nurse Aidan :thumb

Glad they're ok...pass on our best wishes ;)

Bill

Phew... I hate reading thread titles like that.

Glad you are both home and generally well.

Aidan1150 said:
Sugarcube (Errol) and his wife Emma came off their 1200 today just outside Keady in Co. Armagh..

Aidan

Glad its only walking wounded, quick recovery to both you guys.

Errol/Emma

Sorry to hear about your spill :( ... relieved to hear your are both not too badly injured.

I wish you both a speedy recovery.

All the best, Emma, when I saw you lying in that ditch I feared the worst, glad you're up and about. Errol, the bike's easily fixed and a new helmet easily come by. I knew you were OK when the ambulance disappeared and you said ' Right, that's her out of the way, let's head for the pub' :) :) Like Oatsy says, crappy end to a brilliant weekend

I hope your all not to bad...and have a speedy recovery :thumb

sorry i never posted sooner i've been stuck in the For Sale & Wanted section :D

Errol.. it gives you a chance to buy a Shoei now :D

Emma you now need a new wardrobe :D

i knew there was an upside :thumb

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, at the same time glad to hear you are both ok.
Machine can be fixed! :)

Spoke to Errol a few minutes ago - Emma's a bit bruised & sore but otherwise ok - even considering getting back on the bike :D

You go girl :thumb

Errol was a bit shaken earlier but seems better now. He's pi$$ed about the scrates & scrapes on his bike & gear but as Shuck says - easily sorted ;)

All in all it could have been a lot worse.

So lads - lets be careful out there :) :)

Update & pictures

Well here is the update...

After leaving Virginia we headed for Baillieborough, Shercock, Ballybay, Castleblaney and into Keady with the aim of going to Carrickatuke viewpoint then into Newtownhamilton, Camlough and over to the top of Sliabh Foye.

About a mile and a half out of Keady heading for Newtownhamilton the road climbs up through some lovely S bends. It was on an off-camber right hander that Errol lost the bike. He ran along some armco barrier, trapping Emma's leg between the barrier and the bike. Emma came off the bike and ended up inside the barrier, whilst Errol and the bike parted company just three or four yards further on.

Six of us were further on up the road waiting at a junction for the other three to arrive when Trev rode up and told us what had happened. We rode back down the road not knowing what to expect. Luckily Errol was up and walking about, but Emma was still in situ in the grass behing the armco. A man and woman in a car had stopped to render assistance at the scene. The woman (like Emma) is a nurse, so had the situation under control.

Emma was able to wriggle her toes and to roll her ankles, so at least that suggested that there was no major damage, but her thigh, which had come into contact with the barrier was pretty sore.

An ambulance with two paramedics was quickly on the scene and they confirmed that the injury was unlikely to be serious, but as a precaution they took Emma to hospital for a more thorough examination.

Just as the ambulance left and we were ready to follow it to Newry the police arrived. The two cops were very civil, took Errols details, then breathalysed him. The result was clear.

breathalyse.jpg

When we arrived at the hospital in Newry the rest of the guys headed on for home as they all live quite a distance from Newry. I stayed with Errol as I live just ten miles from the hospital. Emma meanwhile had been examined by the A&E doctor and was pronounced fit to go home. My wife Mandy arrived in the car and took Emma to our house with Errol and myself following on the bikes.

I fixed the minor damage on Errols bike, front and rear nearside indicators and the left front footrest rubber. The rear footrest had snapped off, so a replacement will be needed.

frontind.jpg

rearind.jpg

footrest.jpg

The left rocker cover is a bit scuffed and the corner of one of the fins on the underside is broken. Errol is quite annoyed about this but I told him to think of it just as a battle scar, or a trophy. Can see him in Hursts on Tuesday morning to order a new one though. :nenau
rocker.jpg

It was only while at my house that we looked at Errol's Roof Boxer helmet, which although it did it's job, did not fare too well at all. There is actually a hole in it. Job done. New lid please.
roof.jpg

As the footrest was gone on the bike and Emma was still quite sore Mandy and I ran her home in the car. It was a pleasure to do so when one considers that it could have turned out much much worse.

An unfortunate end to what was a great run, but at least all survive to fight another day.

Glad everyone's all right. The bike can be fixed. Little bit of time and (hopefully not too much) money and it'll be like brand new

Hi Aiden

Glad to hear Errol and Emma's both ok as you have said the bike is easily repaired.Hope Emma's back on the bike soon and out and about with Errol.

Regd's K

Thanks Harry bit I don't think I did anything that any other member of this forum would do, that is help another GSer as best as I can.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom