Thanks, Simon! (Sorebums)

Henry Mawson

Reaction score
Can I just say a big THANK YOU to Simon for taking some time out and finally getting me off road for the first time today. :bow He and Henry valiantly gave me encouragement in my first ever EXTREMELY lumpy bit of countryside :eek: during which I was absolutely fecking TERRIFIED :tears but did only cry once!

I managed all the uppy lumpy bits :thumb some big puddles and even some slidy muddy bits :eek without falling off. But finally gave up after 2 really crappy attempts to get DOWN :eek: when I dropped the bike right on my leg :doh against a grass bank and discovered how heavy it really is. Nowt broken, but the leg's throbbing a bit. Needless to say H and Simon had to get the bike off me ( :) ta!) and I got H to ride it down the rest of the way. (Yes. I know, I'm BIG GIRL'S BLOUSE)

So if anyone's got any secondhand worn-in offroad boots (size 41 to fit thick socks) I might (that's a big might) just be interested!

Glad to be home and in the bath, and not up a mountain on me bike, till the next time :eek:

Kirstxx

PS Good luck to you and Georgie!! :jamie

Henry Mawson said:
So if anyone's got any secondhand worn-in offroad boots (size 41 to fit thick socks) I might (that's a big might) just be interested!

Check with Eurostar :D

You're Welcome

Kirsten

Next time we'll do 2 ride-outs on consecutive days, one with you sat on the back of my bike, so you can see how safe it really is, and the next day you can do it.

And a pair of knobblies next time - maybe ride henry's XT next time.

Hope your leg get's better.

S

PS have some photos of one of the gnarlier sections ;-)

Attachments

• kirsten1.jpg
    kirsten1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 161
  • henry1.jpg
    henry1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 150
Hey Henry, you tart! Wot's wrong with getting the BM muddy? Then you really will know what HEAVY means. :D
Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. Off-road is sort of adictive so watch out. Better than drugs though. :mmmm

I've just realised that the post was by Kirsten. Borrow Henry's BM next time.

Back
Top Bottom