Run to Orford Ness, 9th October

BladeBaiter

Run from Maldon Queen's Head to Orford Ness, Sunday 9th October, Meet at 0800 at the Queen's Head.

Not strictly a GS club run; a friend from the Maldon section of the GS Club and I are organising a run from Maldon to Orford Ness, via some choice roads in Essex and Suffolk. This includes a breakfast stop in a bikers cafe in Stradishall and Lunch in Orford Ness.

The route will be guided and will be marked using the marker system, as practiced during the Essex Border Patrol run.

Numbers of partisipants are to be kept small so this this invitation to join the run is strictly for Dengie 100 Club and GS Club members only.

Tell me what you think. Are you up for it? :thumb

Please use the East Anglia forum to reply to the above message. Thankyou.

Assuming I recover from 'scrumpy saturday' the day before, I should be able to make this. :thumb :thumb :thumb

Well done Speggo, Look forward to seeing you there, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after a night on the natural tonic that is scrumpy. :D

This run will take place before the next Queen's Head Thursday. Could you let some of the gang know please Speggs.

Colin (who did have a maroon RT and now has a yellow GS) is the routemaster and he has asked me to round up the riders. So :clap c'mon.

Keith

Sorry but I'm just putting this back onto the top of the heap as it doesn't seem to be attracting much interest halfway down the list.

Come on you Maldon tossers, shake off that scrumpy stupor and let us know if you're interested or not.

Colin has identified some cracking roads and the two planned stops look promising.

Will I be seeing you at The Queen's Head, Maldon, 8 o'clock Sunday October the 9th?

Keith

Hi Keith

Am not sure if many on here are actually GS Club members (I'm not...) does the invite include GSers who aren't Club members then?

The slight difference of the wording in your original post may be the reason for the slightly muted response... :nenau :)

Not strictly a GS club run

this invitation to join the run is strictly for Dengie 100 Club and GS Club members only.

:confused: :confused:

Sorry Richard,

Wrong wording; I did give it half a thought and then let it go. I meant to say UKGSers only.

To clarify: This run is for Dengie 100 Club and UKGSers only.

Thanks for pointing out where I went wrong Richard. Now will we be seeing you there?

Keith

Also, Colin is not from the Maldon section of the GS Club as stated but is a UKGSer who meets with you guys at The Queens. Now do you know who I mean? Colin Seafang, Martin's mate with the Maroon RT which is now a yellow GS.

Keith

I would really like to do this run, but unfortunately I'm likely to be at a TITS workshop session 8/9th Oct. If the date changes, I'm in.

Steve

Hi Keith,

Now I've found out where Orford Ness is I'll come along. The last one was fun but I hope we have less mishaps this time. BTW what is at Orford Ness ?

Cheers, Colin.

BladeBaiter said:
Now will we be seeing you there?

Keith

Am doing the Norfolk roads and lanes run on the 2nd so two weekend passes maybe asking too much... :bash

If the Norfolk run is cancelled due to bad weather etc then will definately attend.

So... will let you know for sure next Monday :)

That's better: a bit of interest.

Speggs, a TITS workshop sounds like the kind of hands-on experience that I like, where do I subscribe and what is it?

Colin, I cant promise that there'll be more or less mishaps than the last run, we'll have to see. http://www.orford.org.uk/ will show you what's at Orford Ness.

Richard, start banking your brownie points and keep your fingers crossed, maybe even bring your girlfriend with you. Go on, treat her.

Keith

Orford life

If I recall, there's a great fish restaurant at Orford and a smokery for any foodies.
Also, take your crabbin' kit as there's a quayside, and a tea room snackery just on the side of the quay.

There's a strong possibility that I'll be able to make this one.

Lamble. :thumb

That's great Steve, Hopefully we'll see you in Maldon, Sunday morning.

Unfortunately, Colin has found that the resturant where we were planning to have lunch has closed, but there are other places to eat in Orford, including The Jolly Sailor pub, which looks good, otherwise there's Aldeburgh not far away.

The Dengie 100 Motorcycle Club, some of whom may be riding with us on Sunday, are fund-raising to train a guide-dog for the blind, they are hoping to raise £5,000 this year and they will be putting their hands in their pockets to donate at least a pound each to go on the ride. If you guys wish to make a donation into this pot it will be very much appreciated but it is not obligtory .

See you Sunday

Keith

Back
Top Bottom