Very Broken HP2

Pukmeister

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I saw a 'well used' HP2 yesterday at CW Motorrad in Dorchester. Apparently the owner had it for 2 days before making some rather "permanent alterations" to it. The LH handlebar was sheared off close to the top yoke, the lights and instruments were wrecked and they suspect the subframe may be bent. I guess it had been somersaulted or thrown down a small cliff face.

Maybe you were the unlucky owner ?

It will probably be written off, but if anyone is interested in a scrap HP2 to build a permanent off-roader they might do well to speak to C W and enquire how much the insurers want for it as salvage?

Let's get Steptoe to gather up all the salvage, to rebuild into pukka offroaders
He'd make a bomb

No idea who's they are, but I can't help feeling a bit gutted on the owner's behalf.....

Lovely new machine like that and they've already binned them...that must be ferkin awful :(

Fanum said:
No idea who's they are, but I can't help feeling a bit gutted on the owner's behalf.....

Lovely new machine like that and they've already binned them...that must be ferkin awful :(

Or they didn't respect the fact that the bike needs to be treated with a gentle wrist until they get use to it. They probably came from fat ADV and gave it a handfull without knowing the fact that the bike will flip easy!

Really doesn't surprise me that some idiot have done this, I am sure they are looking forward to the insurance pay out to get another one that they will respect.

:eek

Commuter said:
Really doesn't surprise me that some idiot have done this, I am sure they are looking forward to the insurance pay out to get another one that they will respect.

Guilty until proven innocent eh! Did anyone else see the TV programme about James Dean's fatal crash last night. Turns out it was most likely the other car driver was 100% to blame and James Dean possibly wasn't even driving his porsche! But he was a bad boy who liked to drive fast so it must have been his fault!!!

Double vision!!

The HP2 at SLM was recovered there before being collected by CW's.
So only one down so far!!!!!

StooL said:
Guilty until proven innocent eh! Did anyone else see the TV programme about James Dean's fatal crash last night. Turns out it was most likely the other car driver was 100% to blame and James Dean possibly wasn't even driving his porsche! But he was a bad boy who liked to drive fast so it must have been his fault!!!

Nope I didn't see it as I am in the USA so I am having UK TV starvation which is quite ok and the US has 1000 channels on regular cable.....all of them bar a few are crap or in another:D

Still, giving a handful on diesel is a little silly isn't it :eek: . I guess he couldn't see, smell or didn't considered it in his forward planning whilst riding.

As for James Dean, I cannot see your connection as he wasn't driving a HP2 which a lot for a newbie to handle?

I hope the chap that wrecked the bike is ok, I bet he knows the real story which I would love to hear.

N

Here you go...

btm.jpg

Tim

Popped into CW's on saturday saw the bike,
not a pretty sight but was told the rider was ok.

Gauloises said:
Popped into CW's on saturday saw the bike,
not a pretty sight but was told the rider was ok.

Pop back in and snap some PICs. We gouls want to view the remains.

I doubt this will be the last as early reports indicate the tires get more than a bit wiggly on the pavement.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow.

Commuter said:
Or they didn't respect the fact that the bike needs to be treated with a gentle wrist until they get use to it. They probably came from fat ADV and gave it a handfull without knowing the fact that the bike will flip easy!

:eek

Jeez am I in the same bike club as this guy? Surely not :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fresno said:
Pop back in and snap some PICs. We gouls want to view the remains.

I doubt this will be the last as early reports indicate the tires get more than a bit wiggly on the pavement.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow.
70-80mph the tyres are a bit vauge,over 100 thy're fine,don't know what they're like on the pavement though,to many pedestrians to get in the way :D

Commuter said:
Problem Timolgra? Please spit it out.

Don't think I'm the one with a problem mate, just find your comments judgemental without any knowledge of the event whatsoever.

Quite typical of some of the more opinionated and biggoted members of this forum. Y'know what I mean, a 'know all'.

So there, spat it out. :p Deal with it

Commuter said:
Still, giving a handful on diesel is a little silly isn't it :eek: . I guess he couldn't see, smell or didn't considered it in his forward planning whilst riding.

Didn't you have a big crash recently? :rolleyes:

T,

You might want to refer to the punch line at the bottom of my thread posts, sorry you can't seem to deal with my judgement comments.

Move along.

Back
Top Bottom