Super Ultra Expensive and Shinny PRO-TAPER bars

ricardo kuhn

Reaction score
hy my name is ricardo,,most people call me ricky. i have a little design company call motomacondo........macondo is a Mistical town from a book from gabriel garcia marquez autor from my country colombia,is like the legend of the "hollygrail" for me, that town that exist but can not be found,,,the dream of every adventure,,the ultimate adventure in fact............

my site is really primitive www.motomacondo.com and need to be up-date,not even the prices are current....very soon I will have a much better one,with a bunch more projects and A few products(stuff for sell)
I'm a ideallist, and for sure not much of a merchant.

I spend many years at school as a student and then a teacher. my tittles are

Industrial designer.
Masters in human transporatation(enfasis in human power energy sources)
Master is ergonomic science(same deal human power,and the use for energy sourse)remenber I use to live in sur america, and the world is not a s develope as it is here, so the aproach is different.
other experince.I'm being a bicycle guy for a long time and I use to have a BIKE shop that I build and run with my own hands
15911-Medium.jpg

so I have a lot of experince in betwen body, object interface AKA ergonomics,about a year and a half ago I decide to start a company,is being difficult, I have the tendensy to not compromise in my designs,and sometimes I end up with projects that they are to expensive to make,only about 10% of my ideas become sellable items,because I will not comprimise manufacturing or design criteria to make cheaper...

my main product is a conversion kit that let you use pro-taper bars or any kind of "big bars" on the GS(r11,R1150,R100G/S...and soon others)
they are totally compatible with heated grips,hand guards and soon any GPS .
the product I provide is more a service than a fisical object(the bars are the prove of the experince)when you consider this product you get as much ergonomic advice as you will need until all your needs are adress(this is a free,non commited process) if you are not convince,nothing happends i will never call you or SPAM you,,I HATE that crap

my head is cooking so I better stop
this is a photo of a happy client bike andrew ward from miami florida
24222-Medium.jpg

i give you one more drawing for the soon to be release GPS platform
33741-Medium.jpg

Do to some cash flow problems

I'm having my first end of the year sale,,

here is a posting that I did 3 days ago on ADVrider

ricky:
Due to some cash flow issues, I've decided to hold my first "sale". I will sell the bars almost at my cost for the next month, through the end of the year.

What do you get... for $295 (+S&H) the regular price is $345
24222-M-1.jpg

Any size (we will figure what you need exactly), any color of bar (that I have in stock)
Black
Platinum Grey
Silver
Gold
note: not all the bars come in all the colors, so you need to ask me about that.

Any color of the TALL clamps,
Black
Grey
Silver

and your choice of single plate for the TOP, or the GPS base plates (not the whole mount)

Here are the R1150R clamps, but the top parts are exactly the same
776073-M-1.jpg

plus all the bolts you need, all really fancy stainless steel

Other offers
DUAL Position system
what do you get for $325 (+S&H) this is an even better deal, regular price is $395

Same as the above but with the ability to run two different positions. This system is not designed for everybody, so I will tell you if it fits your needs or not. Generally if you are about 6'2'' it's something to at least consider....

protaper2.jpg

Now for the Super Duper mega deal, this is actually BELOW my cost. For $395 (+S&H) you will get your choice of Tall towers, any bar, and Acerbis guards, complete with spoilers and everything. Usually that will be $345 + $115 = $460

A few notes:
All the products are brand new, no defects, nothing wrong at all. I'm doing this to raise funds for new machining, and to get other projects going.

If you want to use stock R1150GS hand guards you will need to send them to me, to be machined, and a $15 dollar charge will be added (what the shop charges me to machine them)

The GPS mount is not available at the moment, due to the lack of funds to complete development, so I didn't include them on the list. In fact i don't even know how much they're going to cost, because the price is very related to my manufacturing cost, not an "artificial price point"

The cost of shipping is whatever the postal service charges me, usually in the U.S. that's around $15 insured and everything for a "second day" delivery (according to the post office, but it's more like a 3 day wait)

So, I guess the last question is how do you start. The best way is to fill out this form. If I don't respond in the next few days, contact me again, my computer has been known to act kind of funny sometimes...

These prices include all my fitting services and advice and the same "no questions asked" and super-happy warranty I usually offer.

Well I guess that is it, oh one more thing, until supplys last I will include a really soft and warm "gift" with each purchase...

Oh, another thing. the prices apply to models compatible with
R100G/S
R1100GS, R1150GS and ADVentures (they are all the same)
R1150R roadster or rockster (different design so be carefull to specify which one)

And the very last thing, the bars will not be sent until i receive payment for them (sorry, no credit cards), but I do have PayPal, in this case you will need to pay 2.9% more for the transaction...

Sorry if this is too dry and to the point but i find it clearer that way..

I will say the only difference will be the shipping cost,,to England is ussually about $35/$45 in america is about $20 so is not so bad

I can not really take credit cards,but for sure I can take Paypal ,that will expedite the transaction a lot...

well let me know if you are interested,i do know is a lot of money,but what they do for the bike is more important..

thanks ricky

I feel I ought to buy one just to say I`ve got some tricky Ricky Kuhn gear on my bike...and then watch the girls swoon.

Dont worry Ricardo, I`ll talk myself into some quite soon.

Dave Hall said:
I feel I ought to buy one just to say I`ve got some tricky Ricky Kuhn gear on my bike...and then watch the girls swoon.

Dont worry Ricardo, I`ll talk myself into some quite soon.

thanks for the support and the complements Dave..

at the moment I need them to keep my "Shin up"

Ricardo...you're already well known and dare I say well respected over here mate...I've seen your kits listed on several responses to newbies 'what should I buy first' type questions, along with Tobinators, vern's panniers, Migsel's bar and the autoswitch....your fame has already spread ! (for your mad rides too heheh)

I hope you don't end up selling your kit at a loss...that'd be sad if you have to and I'm sure people would rather pay a fair price with a bit in it for you and have you around with your innovations for a long time rather than see you go bust by underselling yourself.

Good luck with it anyway........as I'm 6'4" i'll be after a set of your kit when i get my new GSA.

Keep your shins up!:thumb

Fanum said:
Ricardo...you're already well known and dare I say well respected over here mate...I've seen your kits listed on several responses to newbies 'what should I buy first' type questions, along with Tobinators, vern's panniers, Migsel's bar and the autoswitch....your fame has already spread ! (for your mad rides too heheh)

I hope you don't end up selling your kit at a loss...that'd be sad if you have to and I'm sure people would rather pay a fair price with a bit in it for you and have you around with your innovations for a long time rather than see you go bust by underselling yourself.

Good luck with it anyway........as I'm 6'4" i'll be after a set of your kit when i get my new GSA.

Keep your shins up!:thumb

being a small bussiness is very difficult specially if you are trying to achive a level of quality and service like the one i provide.

One of the problems i have is the lack financial support,,I'm the last on my family line,and in a way pretty new to the US,so I don't really have a stablish network of credit and stuff like that...
the other one is that i'm lamme at Bussiness,,ussually dreamers like me are.

you know what flip the cup the other day!?!?!?
I when to send some handlebars and i give my bank card to the lady at the post office,and the lady return it to me ,saying that i did not have any founds...

is just ridiculous I sold about $200,000 dollars in handlebars and I still don't have any kind of savings,or even F^^^Ink tyres for my bike...
this is just stupid,I have a million projects in my head many of them ready to be produce,and I can not get them going,do to stupid money stuff...

I better not talk anymore,,at this moment I preffer to losse money on them,before my bank and my credit card company starts to charge me late fees...

being a dreamer sure sucks,,at least sometimes...

I saw these bars on Migsels bike at Lands End; Great looking bit of kit and stunning quality, I've just got to pay for my new panniers and then they are next on the list.

:thumb

my main product is a conversion kit that let you use pro-taper bars or any kind of "big bars" on the GS(r11,R1150,R100G/S...and soon others)
they are totally compatible with heated grips,hand guards and soon any GPS

Hi!
I've seen those bars already and they look awesome undoubtedly! The only thing is the website indicated seems to be wrong. Can you PM me your active website?

Back
Top Bottom