Diode Board Wireing 1995 R100GS/PD

CBI

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Right, have to confess to overtampering with my electrics when the Charge light went out. I have got a few grey hairs as a result of stupid tampering and am going greyer at the thought of Jersey garage prices...help.

Undid diode board and managed to break top two rubber mounts (new ones on the way).

1.Any easy way two fix new ones in without taking the whole plate off?

2. Copied rewiring but am now unsure where the brown earth wires go...(top or bottom mounting bolts on each side and ....mounted prior to putting diode board in place or bolted at the front facing you?).

Any easy way to see if diode or rotor at fault? :bow

3. Have looked at threads re. rotor test...can someone explain in an idiots guide...does the ingnition have to be on only (engine not running).
How do you short out the slip rings (earth one or with a connnect together).

Help please...
Regards

Electrical klutz

CBI, Jersey

first two questions: it's late, i'm pissed & i can't remember

to check the rotor, meter accross the the slip rings, but get the brushes off them with a bit of card first.

3. Have looked at threads re. rotor test...can someone explain in an idiots guide...does the ingnition have to be on only (engine not running).

no

don't. get the brushes off them with a bit of card & meter accross the slip rings.

normal service wil be resumed ASAP

hi
Easy way to check if your rotor is gone if the bulb in the idiot console has gone then it wil be your rotor.
to check the resintince on the rotor just pop the the stator off its only held on with three bolts,less faffing. then check with ignition off should read one
The brown wire i belive gos on the top bolts. There is no easy way to replace the top bolts. you will need to take off the starter cover.

cheers nobby

cookie said:
first two questions: it's late, i'm pissed & i can't remember

to check the rotor, meter accross the the slip rings, but get the brushes off them with a bit of card first.

no

don't. get the brushes off them with a bit of card & meter accross the slip rings.

normal service wil be resumed ASAP
It's not much of a measure cos technically I know fek all but I have no idea what you're saying here :confused:

Rotor Gone...

Hi all,

Judge...good advice! ;)

Nobby.... thanks

Thanks for tips..looks like the rotor as battery light goes on if you short the slip rings.

Decided to go Motobins replica Rotor.

Cheers :)

judge said:
It's not much of a measure cos technically I know fek all but I have no idea what you're saying here :confused:

i think the problem is explained in my first line :beer: :drinkinpa

...and i see he's diagnosed the problem now. hic :beerjug:

All Sorted..!

Hi All,

Thanks for all of the advice..received new rotor today..Installed..

Everything Works! :D

Cheers :thumb

Back
Top Bottom