Hello.

Glambabe

Hi have been a biker babe for all of my adult life. Have been all over Europe on a GS, and love the bike so now have decided its time to get my bike licence.

Bruises here they come.......... :(

So come on tell me what's the worst that can happen?

(No gory pics please)

Glambabe said:

I should think you already know the answer to that question. But if you think about it too much, you'll never achieve your goal.

Welcome to the forum.

Glambabe said:

(No gory pics please)

You have already done it ................... joined up with this lot

Only good things can happend on a real :GS, so don't worry about the worst things. :D

Oh, and ... Well Come!

Glambabe said:

You could bin the bike while using the mirrors to apply another layer of slap :rolleyes:

Glambabe said:
Have been all over Europe on a GS, and love the bike so now have decided its time to get my bike licence.
QUOTE]

Errrrrr some bikers get the licence first :D

Welcome onboard...BTW... :boobies for the lads :thumb

Glambabe said:

(No gory pics please)

Hi,

I was attending a safety course at work a few years back. The guy that was giving it, also did Motorcycle Safety Courses. Here's what he said:

"Motorcycles are the safest vechicles on the road, up until the point of impact."

North

Welcome aboard,Glambabe... :wave

Hope you have fun learning.... :moped:

Keep on posting ! :type

Whatever happens, for better or worse, there will be someone on this list that can help. Never have I read such a diverse spread of posts on any other bike related site. :thumb
Which means that you are all stuck with me :D
Mark

If you want to learn, just try

Hi Glambabe, You say you've rode before, so that must be on the back? I was never interested in motorbikes as a youngster, I just used to ride pushbikes, but getting knackered by that now!

Anyway, my brother wanted his license, my sister wanted her's, my bother-in-law has his along with a GSXR1000, and my dad has an SV650.. only a matter of time I guess! I took myself off in secret and had a go on a cbt for a day, turns out I was ok and suitable for direct access. I spread mine out over a couple of weeks. Two days on a 125, one on a 500 with the test the following afternoon! Which I failed due to the u-turn. After the first 2 days I bought a 125 cityfly, and added a 100 miles to the clock, mostly doing u-turns!

Second attempt at the test resulted in a zero fault pass... really annoyed my borther as he'd been bragging over his 1 fault, having spent a cuople of years on 125's a good few years back!

About a fortnight later I was in Williams of Manchester sitting on a R1200GS that they wouldn't let me test ride.. I rang round a bit and found a second hand R1200GS on an '05 plate :eek: at Rainbow's in Rotherham and they would let me test ride it... one week later and I was riding it home... :clap

Now all I need to do is get used to it :thumb

Practice makes perfect!

Matron said:
you could turn into a man

sorry glambabe... Biker Tara has just told me all about you
looking forward to swapping mascara tips

He He!

The worst thing that can happen to you Babe is that you never meet Darth Vader.

Thanks for the support, (I think)

NeverRodeBefore said:
Hi Glambabe, You say you've rode before, so that must be on the back?

Yes you are spot on. :thumb My partner has three Gs's that he loves and keeps in top condition, I guess the passion for the bikes has started to rub off on to me,I`m just not sure about riding a bike in three inch stiletto heels, which is what I wear on the back of the bike. So now I am looking for some girly boots that I can ride in and give me some protection for that ''point of impact''. And a mascara that doesn't run and smudge as I hate having black eyes as I take off my helmet :eek:

As for dropping the bike as I fix my ' slap', that`s not going to happen, I have a 34inch inside leg so I shall be keeping both feet firmly on the floor even when I use my mirror to fix my lippy, and yes, I do know to stop the bike before hand, isn`t that what red traffic lights are for? :mmmm

''Only good things can happen on a real :GS, so don't worry about the worst things.''
Thanks to Tsiklonaut for his post - I am moved after what he and his girl have gone through :tears The thought of what they went through brought tears to my eyes and then I read that once again the big bad bikers came to the rescue, I was choked and proud to be a biker.

Hope I am able to pass my test with no faults as well. I have been told that my balance is fine as I can not only walk in 5 inch pointy heels but can dance in them quite well , I am a good pillion passenger, it has been known for the rider to forget that I am there as I follow the moves of the bike, so all I need to do now is get used to the contols and balance in motion on my own.
:moped:

Thanks again to all

Glambabe. :helmet

Hi Babe
Hope your partner has plenty of time for you .Dont think i would be cleaning that much with you around, especially if you were wearing those high heels!
Darth

Darth Vader said:
Hi Babe
Hope your partner has plenty of time for you .Dont think i would be cleaning that much with you around, especially if you were wearing those high heels!
Darth

When I am wearing my heels and I am at home, cleaning is exactly what a male does in my presence.........

If you are worthy that is........... :whip

Glambabe said:
When I am wearing my heels and I am at home, cleaning is exactly what a male does in my presence.........

oh my lord... hmmm !!!!

Glambabe said:

glam... you've just GOT to come to the girlie weekend xx

Back
Top Bottom