New from across the pond.

Deleted account 190209001

Reaction score
Hello all,

After lurking for a while I decided to join up as this forum seems a good place to pick up an idea or two about GS-ing :thumb . I am single (no kids :rolleyes: that I'm aware off) and 43 years young.
I am a fishing guide in the Florida Keys, and ride about 25K miles a year, most of it is vacation time in the summer. Last summer it was the Pacific North West and Alaska. I picked up my 06 GS Adv SE (in time for Huricane Rita :spitfire ) 2 weeks ago and LOVE that bike. Coming from an LT(great bike too) the GS handles like a mini bike :bow .
See y'all on the board!! :D

Hiya R! Think you'll like it here, I enjoy it most times (except when I don't understand the slang). :D

Thanks! :D
The slang is something I remember a little bit, as I grew up in Holland. I also worked in the North Sea as a diver on a lot of Brittish rigs, and even though the food was a huge :nono to the taste buds ,the Brits have a great sense of humor :thumb , and that made up for it a lot.

Welcome aboard .... I'm sure you'll enjoy it, quite a friendly bunch on this site honestly we are :) just dive in and you'll feel right at home :thumb

Hi Rider..

Welcome to the board.. good to have you along! As for our food.. nothing better than a chip buttie or sunday roast. Fish, chips and mushy peas with scraps.. :D

rider1150gsadv,

Welcome,

At least you will now be able to dirt track it past the traffic jams if another big hurricane decides to beat up Florida. :) PB

rider1150gsadv said:
Hello all,

. I am single (no kids :rolleyes: that I'm aware off) and 43 years young.
I am a fishing guide in the Florida Keys,

Welcome, don't worry, we except gays in our ( little) world -

have fun :thumb :ymca :D

rider1150gsadv said:
Hello all,
I am a fishing guide in the Florida Keys,
See y'all on the board!! :D

Hey rider - welcome to the mad house :bounce1

We could have done with some of your skills last weekend - We went fishing and all we caught was a fu*king ugly bike :eek:

DSC04435.JPG

why are those 3 playing tug o' war with a riderless bike ?

and the other 3 should just sit on it instead of operating all the controls independantly - that'd pull the others in much quicker... :)

Welcome aboard !! :thumb

You`ll soon enough be well versed in our sense of humour,wit,sarcasm,irony and all-round pish taking... :D

motomartin said:
why are those 3 playing tug o' war with a riderless bike ?

and the other 3 should just sit on it instead of operating all the controls independantly - that'd pull the others in much quicker... :)
Team building exercise.

Dahoum said:
Hey rider - welcome to the mad house :bounce1

We could have done with some of your skills last weekend - We went fishing and all we caught was a fu*king ugly bike :eek:

DSC04435.JPG

Thank to all for the welcome! :wave
Pulling out that big 'fish' would have required more equipment than I use on my little skiff! :D
I hope the bike is ok after that expedition. I heard they don't do well under water :p

Hi and welcome aboard. You'll have a lot of enjoyment from this site. I've done a couple of charters out of Port Canaveral fishing for Dolphin Fish..... before anyone gets upset and thinks that's fishing for Flipper and his family.....it isn't, Dolphin Fish is another name for Mahi Mahi, bloody good fun it was too.
Cheers,
Andy

:D
GSJon said:
Hi Rider..

Welcome to the board.. good to have you along! As for our food.. nothing better than a chip buttie or sunday roast. Fish, chips and mushy peas with scraps.. :D

Thanks!!!!
Fish and chips now that bring back memories :D !! I visited London with my folks when I was in highschool and we 'survived' on fish and chips and the english breakfast's with bacon & eggs etc. :clap
Now as for yorkshire pudding, gammon and haggus and mushy peas..... hmmmmmmm, I don't know.... I think I'll skip that part :rolleyes: :D, thank you very much....
I have a funny story about oilrig food, Germans (hehehe) and Brits....

Back
Top Bottom