Got any cream for this Orange Rash...!!

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
New (to me) pogo stick has landed (courtesy of Legger's handywork and superb overhauling skills)

KTM 125EXC for winter green-laning..........!! only 90kgs and handles like a surgeons scalpel

1st ride on Sat with 5 other trail riders around the Yorkshire Dales........can't wait

Then Phil Reynolds Welsh trip at end of Oct......yippee!!

A few pics.......

Bring it on.............!!

Whatton said:
Drive needs a weed :)

You're not kidding Kev...........too true - but bollox to that when there's stuff to do on the bikes

Arty pics in authentic setting............supposed to be anyway :eek: :D ;) :clap

Sod the drive and the fence and the weeds! Awesome piece of kit. Rode a mates a few weeks ago, only just stopped grinning. Just have to take out the part of the brain labelled "mechanical sympathy" :D
Mark

I see the top-case already fell off.
Do you get buffeting from the screen?

:D :beer:

Very nice :)

I did waver for a few seconds before ordering my GSA12... almost went for a 900ADV but then the maintenance overhead stories kicked in...

But damn, they're pretty little things:)

Nice bit of kit Johnny........if a bit clean...... ;)

Gilson.....the answer's 'no'. :)

Go try something similar.....for casual bimbling, even a decent 125 has enough poke.

It gets different if you have to ride on 'proper' roads to get to the green stuff, for that you don't want to drop below 250 and even then you'll be wishing you had a 400 as the rest of the guys keep slowing down for you, but for where it matters, it's great.

KTM 125 EXC

Gilson said:
Isn't the 125 a bit lacking in poke? Would someone of 90KGs find that a bit slow? Just asking as I'm thinking of getting a similar sort of bike...

The Bike puts out nearly 30bhp and weighs about 90kg, with 45mm Marzocchi Forks and WP PDS Rear Shock with 13.5" travel (compare that to my Dakar 650 @ 170kg with 50bhp & my 1150Adv weighing 250kg and with 85bhp - so I know what I'd sooner take off-road), so has plenty of go off-road and handling is scalpel sharp.

See last months TBM, they reckon everyone should ride a 125 Enduro.
Roadwork can be a pain, as you have to 'keep it on the boil'.......but will achieve 70-80mph without trouble

Get one ............you won't regret it.......I've had DR350's/XR250's and XR400's, but without doubt this is better off-road than all of them put together.................why???????
Miles better suspension and much lighter than a 4 banger!!

Another better pic............the finished article

Attachments

• KTM 125 Left Side_WEB.jpg
    KTM 125 Left Side_WEB.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 286
Looks great.

To justify something like this I'd have to use it to nip to the train station during the week.

Would a sensible option be to have a second set of wheels with road tyres on? For the sake of 5 miles is that even necessary?

Cheers

Eddy

Eddy802 said:
Looks great.

To justify something like this I'd have to use it to nip to the train station during the week.

Would a sensible option be to have a second set of wheels with road tyres on? For the sake of 5 miles is that even necessary?

Cheers

Eddy

Not worth having extra wheels for a daily 10 mile round trip, unless you're gunning it
Why justify it.........just get out and green lane it or use for a H&H event......you're only here once........live it!!

125? Feh.

12985946-M.jpg

:D

Skydiving, travel, gadgets in general, motorbiking and more recently and more specifically an interest in off-road add up and leave me the predicament of prioritising my free time and money for each. Both are limited and directly linked to earning/work.

In my ideal world I wouldn't have to work and therefore need to consider commuting transport. There'd be a green lane leading to a nearby dorpzone along which I could ride "one of a fleet of bikes" in order to partake in the free skydives on offer there.....!!

I guess by "justify" I actually meant "prioritise". I make a huge effort to "just "live it". I am a greedy and somewhat selfish soul in my pursuit of "just living it", but there is only 24 hours in a day and there is a limit to how much debt I'm willing to leave behind.

Oh alright then..... I'm off to the shops! :D

Back
Top Bottom