is medical kit needed

roddy

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I work for a medical company, and as we replace customers medical kit they are often looking for something to do with it, current EU reg's require it to be disposed of properly or passed on to an organisation that then take responsability for it.

the kit often goes to charitys or organisations that rework the equipment then sell it on to vets and the like.

would anaethestic machines or patient monitors be of any use, this equipment is mainly at the end of it's life for this country but could be used else where.

I can't promise anything but let me know if this sort of thing can be of help.

cheers

Thanks Roddy...

you might have just the thing.
This is very generous of you.

What we're trying to do at the moment is put together a specific "hit list" of things that would be of benifit in the hospital.

The most disturbing thing is that what they actually need is the stuff we take for granted, little things like medicine.

Have a look at www.bansanghospitalappeal.com you'll get the idea.

Thanks for the offer.
One of use WILL be in touch :thumb

Steve

Roddy...

The Hospital in Bansang, only uses ether as anaesthetic, they can't get / afford the gases.
They do use oxygen, but their connections are "bull nose" not pin index.

You're more likely to know than I am, but would it be feasable to maybe upgrade those connections from bits you can get?

You don't have any contacts for ether or bottled gases do you?

Steve :thumb

Steve Ether as a anaethestic hasn't been used in this country since the mid 80's, so your probably out of luck regarding this gas.

The anaethestic machines are configured for pin-index and not easily changed to bull nose which is more of a european standard.

though the machines can still be used via the gases supplied via the pipeline instead of cylinders which are traditionally used as a back up in case the pipeline fails. as long as there was a supply of suitable hosess or you are aware of the type of fitting at each end, then the machine that I maybe able to get would be of use otherwise they would be more trouble than there worth.

Again if you cold get a wish list from the hospital this would be helpful.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom