which GPS

walkon40

I have so far used a GPS V, but it only has the Mapsource 4 version on it, only 19MB ram, so esp abroad somewhat limited.

I want to buy something more useful, but don't want to spend more than £300. It should hold the latest software, and should be adaptable for use on my 1150GS

What should I buy?

Martin

276C mush to big and clumsy, quest is brill, I've got one on my 1100 using one of migsel's speedo mounts and a modified standard cradle, really pleased with it.

I've used it for more foreign trips than you can imagine, the 276C has a biiger screen, but you can't easily take it off if you're parked somewhere dodgy and the software doesn't come included in the price as it does with the quest.

It's easily the best value GPS for a bike out there at the moment.

David

just bought a new Streetpilot 3 with Mapsourse V7 & 128mb off Ebay for £295 inc VAT, & it works. The only thing is V7 has a bug & you need to donload V6.8 from the Garmin website to get it to work.

Beemerman

walkon40 said:
I have so far used a GPS V, but it only has the Mapsource 4 version on it, only 19MB ram, so esp abroad somewhat limited.

I want to buy something more useful, but don't want to spend more than £300. It should hold the latest software, and should be adaptable for use on my 1150GS

What should I buy?

Martin

The Quest gives most value for the money but the 276C is the best MC-navigator available!

Don't mix up MapSource version (now 6.8) with the map version! The current map version is 7 but 8 is soon here. To upgrade the map you have to pay but upgrading MapSource is free.

I recommend that you buy a Quest. If you want you can keep the GPS V and use the new map you get together with the Quest also in the GPS V.

Back
Top Bottom