Quest mount help please!!!!!

(RIP) willstatt

Lost
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry to start another 'Quest-related' thread when the whole GPS sections seems to be full of them at the moment!

I've just bought one of the £199 Quests, and want to mount it on my Migsel mount. I currently have a Touratech mount on the Migsel arm (for my GPSV)

I prefer the Touratech mounts to the Ram or Garmin items because they look the biz. Trouble is, they don't do a powered version do they.

So... Has anyone got a Touratech Quest mount, and a power lead of some sort to take power from the bike, and if so, how did they do it?

I'm not bothered about having the speaker facility included as I'm more than happy with 'visual' naviagation. I also don't just want to plug the standard car speaker/car adaptor into the accessory socket, as it's all too untidy.

Suggestions and Solutions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Will

I have a Quest with a Touratech handlebar mount and a Garmin power lead supplied by Touratech. The power lead (with audio) connects directly to the mount and is powered from the accessory socket, however you could easily cut this plug off, fit an in-line fuse and connect direct to your battery. The only snag I have at the minute is I'm awaiting a lead for my Starcom to utilise the audio output. When it arrives, I'll fit it and post photos of the setup if you need them. :cool:

Infact, here's how it looks at the moment. The fuel tank is out of place whilst I await the Starcom lead which will be routed below the tank.
PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

Sorry about the quality of this one:

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom