Tarr Steps

xbootie

Just would share this all of you, Trippy and myself went to Tarr steps last friday, the plan was to try and cross the river - but on arriving there to all looked a bit daunting, and the river was a little higher than both of us thought it would be

After doing a bit of a recce and looking to see where the deepest parts where and spy out some of the larger rocks, we had both sort of decided to was beyond our bovice capabilities, so off i go back to my bike and thought sod it we're here might as well go for it, at this point i think think trippy called me a :tosser - so off it went Clutch in, into first and out with the clutch

here hopefully are some photos of how we did, if anyone is tempted try (unlike me) to stay approx 2 foot away from the steps itself not so many large rocks, a few deeper parts, until you get nearer to the west side the move a little wider

Cheers :beer:

sorry the photos did turn out as expected. will have another go soon

cheers :beer: xbootie :mcgun

Photo's done - i hope

Right third time lucky - have read the bit about photos in the FAQ bit again hopefully this has worked if i have followed the instruction properly this time !!!! :eek:

Good now that seems to of worked i will upload the photos of the Quantocks soon

:D :thumb

Attachments

• Tarr steps.jpg
    Tarr steps.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 229
  • xbootie1.jpg
    xbootie1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 207
  • xbootie2.jpg
    xbootie2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 202
  • trippy1.jpg
    trippy1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 199
  • trippy2.jpg
    trippy2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 200
Great stuff exbootie,me and cybil found this ford on holiday.Can,t ressist unsuitable for m/vehicle signs,cybil gets off ,6 bikes parked up at side &kids playing water up ta wastes ,f-ck it went for it big style got one hell of a cheer of crowd. Cracking ford to do. :clap

xbootie said:
if anyone is tempted try (unlike me) to stay approx 2 foot away from the steps
Cheers :beer:

Always new that booties & numbers never went together :thumb

I've walked around T'steps in the past - it's a very nice spot and obviously makes for a good river crossing - another one on the to-do list :bounce1

Don't go messin' with the Royals Mark, you know it will end in tears. :mcgun

You could always give them a spelling test whilst you make a hasty retreat though, that should hold 'em up for a while. :D

Tarr Steps are ace! baptised my 1200 there a few weeks ago(and my feet)
3011.jpg

2839.jpg

3013.jpg

Although it looks like the water was deeper for you!

Thanks for all the replies :) :bow

If i have to count over ten then i have take my socks off :eek:

And i never really recovered from the full frontal lobotany when i joined up!!!? anyway what do expect from an ex bootie anyway :mcgun

Trippy has disappeared cos the internet police at work, have denied both of us access to the forum in work :spitfire

cheers all :beer:

mmm

Per Mare Per Terram

By female horse by tram!!!! - What a strange moto.

2 bootnecks together - must be trouble brewing :mcgun

At least your part of the senior service :bow

Bilks said:
:ymca

cabbage-hat, try the endurance course on ADv !

yours aye,

Bilks.

Last time hauled my arse around there was back in winter of 79-80

Might be worth a try - not sure how i would the GS through the tunnels or my bulging waistline, and Peters pool might be a little dodgey - might have to have a look one weekend !!!!!

:beer:

Back
Top Bottom