Oman GSers ?

jimbob

Any other GSers out there who are resident in Oman - or am I the only one in the country. I haven't seen any others.

Saudi GSers

Hi JimBob,

You may well be. I am in NE KSA at Tanajib, about 80kms south of Kuwait border along the coast. At the moment in a swanky hotel in Kuwait City for the Eid hols. Riding up to the Iraq border tomorrow then down west to the border control from Q8 to KSA and further south, down to Hafer Al-Batin for the night.

For the Eid in January, if the boss gives me extra time off, I may ride down to Muscat. Previously worked with PDO.

Rugged,

I'm due to return to the KSA in the next few weeks. One thing I need to do is sort out a bike for the "winter".

Can you give me a few details on dealers and GS availability. I have spoken to the guys in Dubai, but would like to know if theres anybody in KSA.

new and used price guide would be good also.

Cheers,

Andy

Detox
There is only one Beemer dealer in KSA. Tristar in Riyadh and the guy to speak to is AbdulRahman Al-Mutlaq (05054 40396) Private mobile no. I am in Q8 for the Eid hols riding around so I do not have the address or shop number.
Another is Kuwait (www.tristarkw.com), were I bought my 1150GS Adv, again Tristar. New 1200's are available but, just as expensive as back home.

My home computer is buggered but, you can still e-mail me on hubbydubby-at-hotmail.com and I can send more info to you direct.

Oi guys,

"Richard Stallard" user is from UAE/Dubai too. So there are some GSers on that area.

But maybe i'll see you Oman/UAE guys someday - it's one of my dream places to visit with riding GS there, the "1001 Nights Land..." :thumb

Cheers, Margus

Yo from Riyadh...
Abdulrahman - I bought 2nd hand GS wth 2000kms from him.
New 1200GS is about 63k SAR.
Detox, where will y'all be in KSA ?
FYI, we have a spin out every Friday morning, nothing too intrepid but fun.
The boys are heading to the California superbike school in Dubai Nov 23 - I'll be home then so no can do.
Planning to do a Jordan Syria trip next March from here.

JimBob,
I'm not in Oman anymore, but if you want some off-road routes then PM me. The routes are all behind the mountains in Salalah and over to the Yemeni border, so southern stuff with excellent temperatures during the gharief.
Margus - head for the souk in Mutrah, alledgedly the inspiration for Sinbad the Sailor...and if that doesn't float your boat then plot a course for Ubar.

Oman GSers

Cheers for info chaps....it seems I might be the only one in country. Or
so I thought, I have heard today that the BMW car showroom (a new
one next to The Sultan Centre) has some motorbikes in stock, including
some GS1200, so I will drop in when I am down there and see if they
have sold any......I will keep you informed.

Jimbob

Cars may be cheap in Oman, but BMW motorbikes are not....not far
off UK prices, I think I'll stick with my 1100 for now...........but then
again !

jimbob. If you want any details for dubai bmw. Give me a shout.

Hi Rugged,
Workin away here in the earthly paradise otherwise called Al Kharj, hope you have a good time!

Back
Top Bottom