RAM Mount for the car?

nadeem

What's available for the Sat Nav II / 2610 in terms of mounting in the car...?

2610 RAM

Hi Nadeem,
I have just got a RAM holder for my 2610 to go on the bike, it was only a tenner, you could then get a suction cup and arm to go with it and Bobs ya Uncle.

Thanks - yep I just got the cradle as well for my other bike...will order a suction cup as well then I think... :thumb

nadeem said:
Thanks - yep I just got the cradle as well for my other bike...will order a suction cup as well then I think... :thumb

Nadeem,

I put together a section called create a mount using the 3.2" twist lock suction cup. The link is http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/create-a-mount.htm
more recently new suction cups are available and the link is http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/suction-mounts.htm

IMO, the 3.25" twist lock suction can be said that "these little mothers suck !" but take into account the weight that will hang off it from the screen. If using a flex arm, then bend into a U shape so the base of the U kisses the dashboard.

RAM-man

Personally I think I'd be looking for the Garmin Dashmount to take the weight of the 26XX/NAV IIx

Shouldn't be prohibitively expensive and IMHO far more suitable than a suction cup solution.

It should also be available from RAM-mykins

nadeem said:
What's available for the Nav II / 2610 in terms of mounting in the car...?

I think every 26xx series GPSR ships with a small round base that can be attached to the dashboard with either of two sticky pads (permanant or temporary), and also with a beanbag mount for use in rental cars.

It doesn't appear to make sense to me to go buy an aftermarket mounting solution for a car - the small round base and sticky pads are dirt-cheap, and I think the beanbag mount is not much more than $25.

Personally - I use the sticky base in my Golf, and the beanbag mount in my other VW. Both work equally well, although the sticky base is the more secure of the two.

Michael

Beanbag Mount
2720_in_Phaeton.jpg

Sticky Base Mount

I wouldn't bother with the bean bag. I found that it tries to escape through the side window if you drive with "enthusiasm". :eek:
Far better to stick the sticky base in your own car and buy a RAM suction cup and arm system to take on holiday with you for the hire car.

Back
Top Bottom