America tips please New York area

(RIP) sherpa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Because I'm a tight Yorkshire git we're flying into New York rather than Orlando as per my previous thread (no flights available)

So can I revise my appeal for help please.

We will collect the car at lunchtime on Sunday and immediately head out of New York. Not really bothered about the tourist / theme stuff, more the real America.
Any tips please on what we should do in the 7 days we'll have - I'm taking the satnav and a decent map
thanks again
Sherpa ;)

Niagra Falls is worth seeing - especially from the Canadian side (assuming your hire car is OK to take into Canada). From there you could do a detour into Toronto.

Otherwise head north to Boston. It is a superb city. Cape Cod is also worth a look. Then go explore upstate New Hampshire. Do some research on New England bed & breakfast. You will find some incredible places to stay.

Mike

ta!

Thanks Mike - sounds like you know America well.

Any more ideas folks?

Sherpa ;)

Sherpa
You posted twice. Have a look at the replies on the other one.

For something fun everyday ... Don't TIP at any resturant!

Watch the reactions of those Americans ... very funny :D

Got to agree with Cheesy Mike, if you have time head for Boston - it must be one of the most charming cities in America. If you have time, try and visit the John F. Kennedy Library, overlooking Cape Cod. I have the address at home if you need it, but it is quite easy to find. :thumb The countryside around Massachusetts and Maine at this time of year, should be impressive, although I understand that the volume of traffic along the main tourist trails can be a put-off.

I'm sure others will rave about New York city itself, but frankly it just didn't "float my boat". Ironically, the one abiding memory I still have of New York was the view from the top of the World Trade Centre. :(

Back
Top Bottom