HP2 too delicate for off road use?

I imagine more than 50% of selled HP2s will meet the same faith soon time anyway, because most of the buyers are people having lots of free cash but equivalent amount lack of offroad experience and they can't handle 190kg 105HP offroad :D But about 10% of them should do very well in the right hands, at least i hope so :D

At least you may find good wrekked HP2 salvage opportunity in the future ;)

Ride safe, Margus :beer:

he did hit a tree :nenau

last time i did it on an old honda it wasn't cheap :(

wasn't a thousand bucks either though :)

HP2 Salvage

Dr. Alf,
Fancy a trip to Oregon to pick up a "totalled HP2" for conversion into a Raqlly Bike as the current owner seems incapable of keeping it BETWEEN the trees...
Pat (Pikey Removal Services) :D

Note To Self........

Do not ride into tree,do not ride into tree,do not ride into tree.

What do you expect for fecks sake

I bet you could ride a CR500 into a tree all day if you wanted to :rolleyes:

Vern said:
Do not ride into tree,do not ride into tree,do not ride into tree.

What do you expect for fecks sake

I bet you could ride a CR500 into a tree all day if you wanted to :rolleyes:

Perhaps you missed this part:

"I went riding in CA last week with another HP2 owner and though he didn't shake hands with a tree, he did have a similar encounter with the headlight and front brace assembly. There is no front end protection on this bike so no matter how you fall whether tipping over or sliding in the nud up to a tree, the first thing that hits is your light, speedo and turn signals. Having all this mounted out front means if on part of it gets hit the rest gets damaged."

And this rather surprising bit of candor from a BMW salesman:

"We took my HP2 out today along with my KTM and an R80GS for a little playing. I loved the feel of the HP2 on gravel and it really smoothed out all of the terrain and was uber comfy compared to my modded up KTM. With that said, I have a modded out KTM that doesnt mind falling over and is much cheaper to fix and alot less to break, I have decided today the KTM will remain my true dual sporter and the HP2 is definitely going more toward urban commando commuter and probably full on supermoto in the near future."

go moto...

42591976-M-0.jpg

dieter von hexhead said:
go moto...

42591976-M-0.jpg

Yup, this bike looks like it's offroad prepared (except the mirrors of course :)) - what the hell you do with instrument bars on offroad anyway? You only need the stopwatch :D

I think we've already had this conversation.

A great bike the HP2 is......enduro bike it's not!

A big desert racing, canyon jumping monster it could be!

And that poor girl in the video said, 'something just came out from behind........oh yeah baby! :spank

Now mine has done a few miles,I gave it a bit of stick the other day and got it up to 125mph before I bottled out(and I mean bottled out big time,I frightened the sh1t out of myself,and it still wanted to go :eek: ).Anyone who says that these things aren't capable enduro bikes is:-

1/Talking out of their arse

2/Talking out of their arse

3/Has never ridden one (and talking out of their arse)

4/Has ridden one,and knows nothing(apart from talking out of their arse)

5/Is a far better rider than anyone else on this planet

I have ridden quite fast on/off road before,and this is one of the very few bikes that I have real respect for(the other was a 750/3 kawasaki that was always trying to kill me)

Vern said:
.....the other was a 750/3 kawasaki that was always trying to kill me

H2
One of the only bikes to throw more fuel out of the exhaust than it actualy burnt... f'kin looney machines :eek: :eek:

750H2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom