Fitting a hugger

Jock63

Reaction score
Hi Guys, need a little help here.

I've just bought a Pyramid Hugger off the forum. Just wondered if anyone had any fitting instructions for it. No No Don't laugh. I know it's probably dead easy. But I am a Technoplygic when it comes to anything mechanical.

One other thing, Jim didn't have the fitting bolts for it. Anybody got some they would be willing to part from, at a reasonable cost. Or alternatively do you know what size they are so I can pick then up locally.

Thanks in Advance.

:thumb :thumb

No instructions except one, if you're not sure what you're doing, don't do it unless you've got someone to watch over you as you'll need to remove the rear brake caliper bolts. If no one has any spare bolts (including the seller) why not try pyramid direct?

I bought the pyramid hugger at the NEC. If your having problems I'll try and find the instructions for you. If I can work the scanner thingy then I'll send it to you.

Pyramid will happily sell you a set of replacement bolts for around £12 .. which is costly, but then they're not standard bolts.

If you give them a call, they may even send you some FOC!!!!!!!!!!!

They are nice people to deal with.

Incidentally, fitting is very obvious.

You simply remove the OEM caliper fixing bolts and replace them with the Pyramid ones which act as spacers. The hugger is simply bolted using smaller bolts into the caliper mounting jobbies. It takes no more than 5-10 minutes.

Do be VERY careful not to overtorque the Pyramid bolts or you'll strip the thred from the calipers!

It might be worth using some Coppaslip 'cos you're putting a steel bolt into an alloy caliper.

Droopy Dick said:
It might be worth using some Coppaslip 'cos you're putting a steel bolt into an alloy caliper.

Even with coppaslip my bolts seized and I had to drill them out in order to get the hugger off when my back tyre needed replacing. I recommend not using the countersunk allen key type bolts as supplied by Pyramid, get yourself some proper stainless steel bolts that you can get a spanner on! They’re cheaper and better, look ok and save you a heck of a lot of grief if they need a little persuasion to come out.
:thumb

Back
Top Bottom