Magnets on Fuel line

Jimb

Anyone ever had any experience of these, the theory is a magnet is fitted around the fuel line and is supposed to improve the fuel efficency and performance by changing negatively charged ions in the carbon based fuel into more positive charged ions thereby the fuel attracts more negatively charged oxygen ions in the fuel / air mix and improves the burn of the fuel, works on gas boilers as well.

Any experience anyone ????

About 15 years ago, bought a thing called posi-flow.......2 magnets, which were placed on the fuel supply line of my Ford Orion.
Load of Carp. Made no difference.

Sounds like bollox. Octane petrol, or gas used in boilers methane, ethane propane or butane are charge neutral as is O2 in the atmosphere. When the two meet and theirs a spark you get a bang and it the conditions are perfect Co2 and water. Corse they ain't and the heat means you get Nitrous oxides and sulpurous oxides (from sulphur in the fuel). Can't think how passing the non magnetic chemicals through a magnetic field is going to help. :confused:

Put "wing of bat" & "eye of newt" in the petrol, you stand a better chance at any gains.......... :)

If it worked, every manufacturer would be doing it as standard fit.

It's snake oil...at the very best it might take out some metal fragments that come from the fuel bunkers (or block the pipe with them instead of letting them get caught in the filter)

I can see the attraction though.............

cant belive anyone would be daft enough to fall for that one!! :D
as said above "snake oil, wing of bat and eye of newt" would all "help" just as much!! :rolleyes:

Jimb said:
Anyone ever had any experience of these, the theory is a magnet is fitted around the fuel line and is supposed to improve the fuel efficency and performance by changing negatively charged ions in the carbon based fuel into more positive charged ions thereby the fuel attracts more negatively charged oxygen ions in the fuel / air mix and improves the burn of the fuel, works on gas boilers as well.

Any experience anyone ????

Years ago while I worked in engine development for a large German automotive company, as a project we ran some of these so called
'gadgets' on engines on dyno's under in almost lab conditions.
Long story short, the difference could not be measured between with and without.
As mentioned if such things made a measurable difference all of the multinationals would have them as standard.
While the physics may be plausible, reality is less convincing
Save your money

Personally I prefer cold fusion to power the GS:)

Jimb said:
Well that sorts that one out.

Cheers Gents.

Not neccesarily, I've used an ECO-FLOW on all my diesel vehicles over the past ten years, and whilst the improvement are not immediately noticable on a newish engine, I found after around 1000miles the engine appeared to have more torque, improved fuel consumption and lower emissions when tested at the MoT station. These were vehicles with fairly high mileages.

I was trained as a diesel engine fitter by Rolls Royce so was at first naturally sceptical.

also I believe ECO-FLOWS were endorsed by the late great John Deacon

Tim

I did an experiment once on my old boxer - R100RS with 60k on the clock. Firstly I blocked the cross-over fuel line, then fitted the Eco-Flow to the right fuel line and went for a spin. No change before 4000 rpm, then it started pulling harder to the right...hmm thought I. Changed the Eco-Flow to the left fuel line and went on the same spin, and it then started pulling to the left...I was so amazed, I told all my friends including the fairies at the bottom of the garden and the man in the moon. Can't wait until Xmas eve, I can tell Santa too!!

they do work.
i fitted some to my r80st and there was a small improvement in fuel economy. so then i bought 100 of them and ran a long fuel line under the seat with all of them attached. now everytime i go riding i have to stop to let some fuel out of the tank.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE READ IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION. RATHER SEND ME THE MONEY AND I'LL USE IT TO BUY BEER.

Fanum said:
If it worked, every manufacturer would be doing it as standard fit.

QUOTE]

Thats the standard sceptics responce, however if you read the reports of any succesful cases they are nearly always on fairly worn or carboned up engines, which is obviously not the case for some time after it leaves the manufacturer

Back
Top Bottom