Newbee from The Netherlands

Skip69

Hi to all .... I registered before but I have understood that there were some problems about a week ago and my ID was erased... So, here I'm again..

I ride a R1200GS and ordered the new Adventure and hope it will arrive in March 2006.

I usually go by the nickname 'Skip' but it wasn't available so I chose Skip69. The 69 is my year of birth.

When I have a something usefull to say I write it down and I will be reading a lot of the topics looking for usefull tips.

Hello again,Skip... :thumb

You`re just as welcome now as you were the first time.... :D :D

Hiya Skip, wherabouts are you from over here?

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm currently waiting for my Black R12GS "special" to get it's date with the mechanic so I can drive it away... :bounce1

I'm in The Hague area.

Al...

Skip69 said:
When I have a something usefull to say I write it down .

Looking forward to that :D

Welcome back skip, now tell us again - do you speak hollandish, netherlandick, or dutch . :confused:

Wotcha Skip...nice to hear from you again. Has it snowed yet? I've ordered an ADV too - no reason - just got caught up in the hype - that's how I ended up with the 1200 and since that's been a blast I thought why not?

:D

@araspitfire ... I know, we talked about it already the last time... I'm from the east near the German border. The city is Oldenzaal. I also answered your question about your new bike in the models 2005/2006 topic.

@steptoe ... Well, I'll try not to make ik too difficult to understand but... in English .. I live in The Netherlands aka Holland and we speak Dutch ... in Dutch ... I live in Nederland and I speak Nederlands.

@Mel ... Snow? No, not yet... We still have the nicest weather. It's about 5 to 8 degrees celcius, a lttle bit of rain, a bit cloudy and sometimes sunny. At night it freezes about 1 to 2 degrees below zero. Now I'm speaking ot the east.. In some northern parts it snowed a bit already.

Yup... sorry... brain... sieve... old age...

And I did read your reply to me in the other thread, thanks.

Al...

Thnx to all for the warm welcome ....

@Mel... well.. it happened. It snowed all day and still does. The country is in chaos. I can't remember the day before this one when people were handed out blankets on the highway. It's crazy over here and more snow to be expected...

My garden just 20 minutes ago... btw .. it was a great afternoon to watch Long Way Round on DVD.... :D

dscf07790lw.jpg

Summer....again

Hello Skip en baie welkom!
South African summer is upon us with a vengance, temperatures of 30 celsius, summer jackets...what can I say. Life in Africa is not easy. Maybe I should get an air conditioned suit. Northern hemishere bikers should do an anual migration what do you think? :cool:

Hello Skip, Sorry to hear of the hassle you had first time round. Welcome to the forum.

I have to say that I'm glad that the forum attracts riders from other countries - For me, it's always good to hear about ideas and experiences from countries such as Holland and Belgium as I visit them often to see friends.

Loved the picture of the snow - at least you're getting a winter :thumb

Anikin said:
Northern hemishere bikers should do an anual migration what do you think? :cool:

I totally agree.....

@ChrisKelly... Thnx!

@DaveN .. When you're visiting Holland.. please feel free to hop in for a cup of coffee - or so..

At my homepage you'll find more pictures of the snow and my trip to Scandinavia this year..

Back
Top Bottom