Brittany Ferries discount?

beacon

Reaction score
Any body know of any discount offers with these, We are thinking of coming back from France, Santander to Plymouth, Whats the new ferry like? Came back in 2003 on the old one just before it was decomissioned, not such a good trip!! I may need to persuade the wife to do it again!!! :confused:

I too am awaiting discounts for Brittany ferries, no sign of any yet. The new ferry (Pont Aven?) from Santander is superb, good food and great facilities.
:)

Dinger said:
The new ferry (Pont Aven?) from Santander is superb, good food and great facilities.
:)

..and considerably faster than the Portsmouth/Bilbao run, I considered jumping over the side from boredom, 36 hours of blue-rinsed crumblies playing bingo 24/7 and Pontins-reject 'entertainers' :eek:

beacon said:
Any body know of any discount offers with these, We are thinking of coming back from France, Santander to Plymouth, Whats the new ferry like? Came back in 2003 on the old one just before it was decomissioned, not such a good trip!! I may need to persuade the wife to do it again!!! :confused:

No wonder you're confused, Santander is in Spain! :rolleyes: That service shuts down in the winter, re-starts in March (usually about the middle).

Roscoff-Plymouth runs all year. Crossing times vary between night and day sailings (I think they slow down at night to make it worth getting to bed!).

On night (and Santander) sailings they operate a "cabins first" policy. They don't sell couchette bookings until all cabins are taken. (This might change but I've used Plymouth-Roscoff and Plymouth-Santander five times in the last 12 months and the policy was in place then).

The only discounts I've seen with Brittany ferries have been specials at Christmas for 'booze cruises.'

There are no other operators out of Plymouth so they don't really need to offer discounts.

Well fancy that Santander's in spain :clap i knew when we got off it last time there french was bad!! It makes more sence to spend more time in the south of france and then travel back from Santander rather than go up to Roscoff, good to know the new ferry is a good one thanks Dinger.

Back
Top Bottom