Greetings from TT Country

piebaps

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello from the Isle of Man which our local radio station proudly claims is the biking capital of the world (although it is a bit funny how there suddenly aint as many bikes around now as there were a few months ago).

For my sins I have a 1200GS bought new in July (in the superfast yellow). I am a general all round greenhorn with only 18 months biking under the belt and actually missed three months erarlier this year after white van man took me out a junction.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone heading this way at a future date.

Greetings from a fellow IoM biker, although I did escape from the rock some time ago.

Am back once a month or so, can't stay away for some reason.

Who do you play rugby for?

TT country?????

errmmmmmm :confused: nooooooooo

TT country is TOURATECH Country ie: The Germany !!!
Or more precisely..The Schwarzwald!!
End of 'real geography' lesson :D
Glad you've got the yellow one - only the best have those (not to be confused/deceived/misled by common red wannabe-ones! ;) )

Lived in Port Erin for 8 years but didn't have a bike licence then.

Welcome and enjoy! :thumb

Hello mate...glad you bought the BEST colour GS :cool: ...a few more of us one here and we might get an 'Isle of Man' section on the forum :thumb

If your passing through Ballaugh and you see a yellow 1150 on my drive, just past the Raven on the lhs, stop for a brew...

Ah, so that's where you are - heading with the course, I suppose :D Must remember to look on the left at the weekend when I'm out :thumb

Welcome PB :beerjug:

History Lesson

Bert said:
errmmmmmm :confused: nooooooooo

TT country is TOURATECH Country ie: The Germany !!!
Or more precisely..The Schwarzwald!!
End of 'real geography' lesson :D
Glad you've got the yellow one - only the best have those (not to be confused/deceived/misled by common red wannabe-ones! ;) )

TT = Tourist Trophy, Isle of Man, for the use of and predates. Schwarzwalder Sculptors of metal...

:beer: :beer:

Welcome to the mad house.

Some of my family are still in Ramsey. Whereabouts are you then?
Intend to get over there early next year as I haven't visited for a while. I'll give you a shout.

Hey Wideload, that offer stands for everyone whose in the neighbour, yes?

Steve B

Hello there and welcome.

I'm a newbie here myself too, having only joined last month. I can tell you that the crowd that occupy this site are a decent, but mad lot. They'll also help answer any question you have about the GS or biker related :thumb You'll also get an opinion on things you didn't even realise you said too :rolleyes:

I think you have a saying in the IOM that reflects your flag... 'which ever way you throw me, I shall stand'. Excellent.

Went to the IOM TT in 99 - the best biker event in the world methinks. I should be going again in 2006 all being well.

Enjoy those excellent roads on your GS.

Cheers, D

WIDELOAD said:
Kettles on :D

You'll hear me coming :eek: Ought to get a road-legal zorst at some point, I spose :D

Steve B said:
Welcome to the mad house.

Some of my family are still in Ramsey. Whereabouts are you then?
Intend to get over there early next year as I haven't visited for a while. I'll give you a shout.

Hey Wideload, that offer stands for everyone whose in the neighbour, yes?

Steve B

Kept the balance going then - you moved down there from here, I moved here from Somerset :D

Welcome mate, never been to I.O.M before, but all booked up for the Centenary in 2007. Enjoy the site and the bike, just got mine last week. :)

JDH

Wow! My first thread and I got into the second page. I am based in Ramsey and a member of Ramsey Rugby Club. Thx Wideload. Seen your 1150 on ur drive. My old dad lives just the other side of Ballaugh Bridge.

Not sure bout stoppin for a brew tho. I have seen you cleaning your bike and I may feel a little embarrased parking mine next to it.

That's alright, I'll get my old Dominator up there and that'll take all the embarrassment away for you :thumb :D

Back
Top Bottom