Hechlingen impressions

demito

Reaction score
Hi all,

it has been a while since I have posted on the forum. Second baby, heaps of work and some more blablabla... You know how that goes. However I did find some time to do the Hechlingen off road training together with two mates:

Michel, the older one of us who is currently exploring the Sahara desert on his 1150GSA, and Giovanni, a newborn GSer (black jacket) who used to ride a suzuki LC intruder :eek: but has become a convinced GS fan. We have plans to do a major trip but will post on that later on.

The weekend was superb!!! Great fun, and we learned lots of new stuff. Many thanks to our trainer Freddy. Top bloke :thumb ! I can do nothing but recommend this training to all of you. We were lucky to have a whole weekend of full sunshine. Here are some impressions.

Cheers

Tom

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 220
and some more...

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 196
and finally

and finally

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 195
Ahhh....fond memories indeed :D I told you you would enjoy it didn't I :p

demito said:
Hell we did!

Do you know any ridable tracks in BE?

Oh yeah :) some nice ones up round Tongeren . Drop me a PM with your phone number and we can arrange to meet up with MiGSel one weekend and go for some fun. Also know some around Kasterlee and across the border north of Eindhoven.
Make sure you book some time off over Easter for the GS rally near Geel. There will be all road and off road at that :thumb

looks like you had fun
Especially impressed with the ride through the soft sand. That stuff still scares me silly - I imagine I am going to crash and therefore I do :eek:

wildbeeste said:
looks like you had fun
Especially impressed with the ride through the soft sand. That stuff still scares me silly - I imagine I am going to crash and therefore I do :eek:

Its all a matter of balance. Once you get used to the fact that your bike is drifting over the surface rather than sticking to it and you know that sudden moves don't necessarily mean you will fall, it's not that difficult. Keep looking forward and lean back to move the weight to the rear. One rule of thumb; keep the throttle OPEN :D

demito said:
One rule of thumb; keep the throttle OPEN :D
Or keep your eyes on the girl on road tyres blasting past you, ey Gecko ;)

Let us know if you feel like a little ride on this side of the country.

Cheers,
Michel

demito said:
Do you know any ridable tracks in BE?

Demito, Gecko

Send me your email address by PM and I will send you tracklogs for dirt rides from a few past GS Rallies in Belgium and Holland.

S

MiGSel said:
Or keep your eyes on the girl on road tyres blasting past you, ey Gecko ;)

Let us know if you feel like a little ride on this side of the country.

Cheers,
Michel

Yeah but I caught her up and nearly made her come off in the sand.......because I couldn't stop :D Women drivers ....I ask you :confused:

You guys obviously had a good time there as well with lots of stories. We had one major "event" when Michel rode up the steep hill, you know the steepest of all :cool: :
first time he stopped the throttle a split second too early and slid all the way down together with the bike. Second attempt made him fly through the skye, both wheels off the ground and arms and legs spread wide open. Bike smashed against the rocks and rider launched as a rocket!
Since then we call him "la fusée méditerrannée" :D :D (he lives in Portugal most of the time).

Oh boy did we have a laugh

He'll be glad to read this when he returns from his Sahara adventures :dabone (Still jealous I couldn't make it).

Back
Top Bottom