On-eyed Dutchman

CyclopsNL

Hello to you all,

I have been lurking form this interesting forum for a couple of weeks now, and today finally testdrove a 1200GS.
Result: left my 6 months old K1200S at the dealer and ordered a new Adventure.

Next step: planning a trip to the Lake District of your beautifull country in may/june 2006. Hoping to find some more information/routes here.
Tips, to do's and dont's are welcome.

Best regards and maybe see you around in 2006!

Cyclops aka Daan

welkom :thumb

You have chosen a very beautiful area of the UK to visit.

I am sure there will be many of the tossers on here from the north west who will give you lots of travel advice :beerjug:

CyclopsNL said:
Hello to you all,

I have been lurking form this interesting forum for a couple of weeks now, and today finally testdrove a 1200GS.
Result: left my 6 months old K1200S at the dealer and ordered a new Adventure.

Next step: planning a trip to the Lake District of your beautifull country in may/june 2006. Hoping to find some more information/routes here.
Tips, to do's and dont's are welcome.

Best regards and maybe see you around in 2006!

Cyclops aka Daan
Pm me when your around, as i live in the lake district and we can have a :beer:

Welcome aboard, see you nearly got my name ????

Thank you all for the friendly welcome!

@ Ianboydsnr & Wraithwrider. Thanks for the invitation, still looking around for some good hotels to stay (Mrs. CyclopsNL is coming with me). We are planning a stay in May/June, what weather can we expect, what to wear/bring?
Received some great looking brochures form visitbritain.com today. Tips and routes are very welcome.

@Cyclops. I have a eyeproblem, my left eye isn't working, so Cyclops suits me fine ;) Sorry if I have confused anyone.

CyclopsNL said:
We are planning a stay in May/June, what weather can we expect.

Just as wet and windy as it is now....but a few degrees warmer... :D

CyclopsNL said:
, what to wear/bring? .

Waterproof clothes...lots of money...lots of patience for the British tradition of queueing for everything...BIG boots for kicking the doors of homicidally driven cars....

CyclopsNL said:
, Received some great looking brochures form visitbritain.com today. Tips and routes are very welcome.

Stand by...INCOMING !! I`m sure you`ll be inundated with them,but if you`re not sure,feel free to PM me anytime... :thumb

CyclopsNL said:
, @Cyclops. I have a eyeproblem, my left eye isn't working, so Cyclops suits me fine ;) Sorry if I have confused anyone.

Sorry to hear that,matey... :(
As a bizarre coincidence,I was reading about an American one eyed rider last night,on the ST.N site.....

@ Bryn, 25-28 May: Eifel Germany, with about 60 fellow bikers, tradition for the last 5 years. 29 May - 2 June UK, 10th. wedding anniversary ;) So sorry, can't come earlier.

@ Tarka. Thanks for the tips. We represent the patient Dutch people so waiting in line is no problem at all :D
No problem with the eye, don't know better, only parachutejumping is out of the question :)

[QUOTE@Cyclops. I have a eyeproblem, my left eye isn't working, so Cyclops suits me fine ;) Sorry if I have confused anyone.[/QUOTE]

Same reason for the handle and same eye :nenau

Regards

Ian AKA Cyclops

cyclops said:
Same reason for the handle and same eye :nenau

Regards

Ian AKA Cyclops
That's funny to hear, in a strange way.....
So driving in the UK should be easier for us, no blind spot on the other (traffic) side. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom