Help with 2 questions

(RIP) Bobble

Toss'ed about a bit
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Everybody
I have Two questions that hopfully you "knowledgeable tossers" can answer, both concerning my 1150GSA with ABS

1. When I turned the key on the other day the Warning triangle came on (as normal when doing ABS check) but the triangle stayed on. I turned off the ignition, then turned it back on and the triangle went off after a few seconds. This has happed a few times over the weekend. I read the user manual and it says check for a blown rear light, I checked but it is working fine (Tail/Brake). Any ideas please.

2. I'm going to fit my Autocom, however I'm having a problem trying to connect the power. Any suggestions (preferably sensible) on where to take the power from as I can't take it off the rear brake light (ABS).
Is there a spare fuse connection in the fuse box or even a better place to take the power from?

Thanks in advance . :thumb

bobble said:
.... I read the user manual and it says check for a blown rear light, I checked but it is working fine (Tail/Brake). Any ideas please.
There are 2 filaments in the rear bulb - 1 for the brake and 1 for tail light. When I bought mine the brake light was working fine (I checked it before I rode home) but the tail light filament had blown. Would that cause your problem ?

I read in another thread that if you start the bike with the brake lever depressed, that can confuse the system and cause the problem.

Auto com

I run my auto com feed from the fuse protected side for the Horn.
you need a fuse for the auto com too.

search the forums as this has been addressed even with pictures try a Les Wassall post as i seem to remember him helping when I asked

H

bobble said:
2. I'm going to fit my Autocom, however I'm having a problem trying to connect the power.
Is there a spare fuse connection in the fuse box or even a better place to take the power from?

Unclip the flasher relay and splice into its switched feed.
It`s the green/blue wire.

As found in the Autocom instructions..... :rolleyes:

I had a warning light come on & off sporadically. It turned out to be the tail light bulb. Apparently the BMW system realises that one of the elements has blown, and uses the remaining one for both brake & tail light. Changed the bulb and it was OK. Seems overly complicated to me. But my old Kawasaki Eliminator had a similar arrangement with the headlight bulb. The dip filament broke, when it was on dip, the system dropped the voltage. Crap light, but at least it was a light. I'd rather have a twin bulb tail light & no jiggery pokery.

Back
Top Bottom