which tank bag ?

gypsy

Reaction score
Which size/type of baglux bag is the most useful for a 1100gs ?
I dont need to carry a mound of stuff just bits n bobs .
Does it have to be a specific trials style bag to fit
thanks

Does it have to be a specific trials style bag to fit
No it doesn`t, I have a Hein Gericke heavy duty fabric magnetic bag that I have had for years(pre GS), it has fitted loads of bikes and is still very much in one piece. Used for a spin to Italy&back without any probs on fast motorway work or mountain roads. I`m waxing lyrical cos the bag was only £40 and it`s taken every thing I can throw at it so far :bounce1

Attachments

• H-G tank bag.jpg
    H-G tank bag.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 211
I use the 'City Bag' which is basically the smallest they do. More than adequate for carrying bits n bobs which is what I wanted it for. All the other have expandable this that and the other which is OTT for everyday use.

Best thing is that it doesn't interfere with the riders body or foul the handlebars.

The GS is the third bike that I've used my Baglux Alpha on.

I bought a black one in 1996 and it is still going strong. I just get a tank cover if I change bike.

The Alpha fits the GS nicely. The webbing straps at the front means that it flips up easily and rests on the bars when fuelling. My only criticism is that the map pocket sits too close to the rider making it difficult to glance down whilst on the move.

If you should need to carry something bulky then the bag expands to quite a size although I think it would be quite unstable.

Its got a plastic tank so magnetic ones are out anyway but as i have a baglux tank cover it seems silly not to use it .
Looks like the city is the one i want then
Cheers

tank bag with side bags

Any ideas guys, I need one for a big old trip coming up - used the touratech ones in the past, but would like to know if there are other ones out there - preferably with a clear map pocket on the top - to hold a decent sized map, not half a map like my current oxford one.

Ta! :beerjug:

colesyboy said:
Any ideas guys, I need one for a big old trip coming up - used the touratech ones in the past, but would like to know if there are other ones out there.

Dunno any other one that is that much designed for this purpose better than Touratech VP-45 bag (with side lobes). Really much like it after Iran expedition.

I know there is one other bag too with side lobes (Bagster?), lobes look and are OK, but the bag seem to be crap and too big and sure not designed with enduro-type of fuel tank.

Margus

Back
Top Bottom