2610 RAM mount for car?

xpi0t0s

I've got the 2610 mounted on the bike handlebars using the RAM mount, with a ball joint/U-clamp thingy, holding it quite securely on the handlebars.

When using the 2610 in the car, I mount it on the four bean-bag thingy that came with it (technical term that: "thingy"). Problem is, when cornering enthusiastically, the GPS goes flying sideways which I'm sure isn't good for either it or me when I go scrabbling in the passenger footwell mid-corner to retrieve it.

So can anyone recommend a secure in-car RAM-type mount available with which I can use the same double-socket and plastic 2610 surround clip (as in the 3rd picture up at http://www.motorsportpromotion.com/Motorbikeusers.shtml )? All I need really is the securely mountable ball, the rest I already have.

I don't really want to use a sticky pad; they tend to look crap when you try to remove them, lose their stickiness over time, and aren't reusable in case of changing cars.

Hi

If using the garmin beanbag mount, remove their cradle which has a four hole fixing, then picking up on two of the four fixing holes and mount onto a RAP-B-166 or RAP-105-6DA224 or similar, if you want all four holes used, then build a mount using RAP-224-1 and RAP-105-6RD. View on RAM UK site, link at top of the page.

Hope this makes some sense.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom