Does anybody know please:

Gas'd Off

Reaction score
if the lenses on Hella 50`s are glass or plastic? Cheers all :beer:

Pants :rolleyes: I won`t be using the yellow paint I bought for them then. Stuff for driving in EU. Says DO NOT USE ON PLASTIC LENSES. Ah well, hey ho :)

lukate said:
Pants :rolleyes: I won`t be using the yellow paint I bought for them then. Stuff for driving in EU. Says DO NOT USE ON PLASTIC LENSES. Ah well, hey ho :)

Yeller lights for the EU? :eek Frogs were the last ones to ditch them, yonks ago. Only seen now on old "Country folk, Renaults"

Yeller lights for the EU?
Do you reeeeeally want to know? :rolleyes:
Cos got Hella 50`s as running lights(on with dip), too bright man, trying to tone down brightness :cool:

Noddy said:
Yeller lights for the EU? :eek Frogs were the last ones to ditch them, yonks ago. Only seen now on old "Country folk, Renaults"
Yup. My understanding is that yellow lights are not even legal in France anymore except as fog lights. Yellow, IIRC, is the best colour for penetrating fog. I personally think that it might be useful to have yellow aux running lights on my bike - it would make it stand out amongst a sea of white lights. Conspicuity is everything when you are on two wheels.

I'm in Paris today looking out of my hotel window and can't see a single yellow light anywhere. (There is a red one though, might go investigate..... :eyebrow)

Mike

lukate said:
Arf Arf, what`s the weather like in Paris then Mike?
5 degrees and cloudy. It was raining earlier but even that was a serious improvement on Exeter airport at 05:30 this morning :(

Mike

Cheesy Mike said:
5 degrees and cloudy. It was raining earlier but even that was a serious improvement on Exeter airport at 05:30 this morning :(
Mike

Ang on ere a mo. Is it me or are you travelling about faster than I can keep up ? You was in Moscow yesterday lookin for furry hat ? WTF :eek:

Noddy said:
Ang on ere a mo. Is it me or are you travelling about faster than I can keep up ? You was in Moscow yesterday lookin for furry hat ? WTF :eek:

He sits at home with an atlas, trying to make us all jealous. :thumb

BUMP.............
Still trying to calm these Hella50`s down :(
I was thinking they would be ok to use as driving lights. Unfortunately they are too bright and I keep getting flashed :nono Any ideas folks? What lamps units does everyone else use for always on? Can I get lower wattage bulbs somewhere? They have 55W bulbs at the mo.
:beerjug: all

It's not about wattage. It's about the beam pattern.
If Hella50s are driving lamps then they're meant to augment high beam.
To assist dip you need fog or spot lamps, properly adjusted.

:cool:

I use the Hella FF50's as driving lights and I have never been flashed :eek:

I would check your alignment of the beam as it sounds as though it might be a bit high.

Jon :)

I use the Hella FF50's as driving lights and I have never been flashed :eek:
In that case maybe I`ve got Hella something other or other elses. They have clear lenses? V bright. I have now angled them down and the beam spot is shining on the ground about 3meters infront of the bike? I`ll see how it goes today then :beerjug:

My mistake.... I have Micro DE's by hella as driving lights and FF50's to supplement high beam.

Sooooo... your lights are only really suitable to come on with high beam.
40169159-M.jpg

This is my setup. Upside down by all accounts but they work for me. Most people put the FF50's on top and visa versa.

Jon :thumb

So a better choice would have been Micro DE's as I`m not fussed about the high beam, just dip beam driving light. Oh well, I`ll have to keep me eyes on the FS section then. Thanks for the pic Jon. Your lights are upside down and there`s someone in Corolla about to back into you. I can`t see your lawn or fence but I expect they need mowing/weeding/painting ;) :rolleyes: :thumb

Lukate

You can get yellow bulbs, the ones marked as ALL WEATHER are a yellow colour, I have one on my trail bike just so its a different colour to all other lights.

Any idea where I might source a yellow bulb then Jim? Halfords? :beer:

Back
Top Bottom