What have i done

orange

Reaction score
Hello to anybody that reads this. I am new to the site.
Just been reading some bad stuff about 1200gs. I pick mine up sat 10th december. What have i done. I seem to be spending my whole life making huge mistakes. :confused: Still; why change. Been riding 10 years. Last bike 600 Hornet. Loads of fun. It never missed a beat. :cool:

Laters

Orange

Hi orange & welcome to the site :thumb As for your 12 I wouldn`t worry too much, you`ve got a 2 year warranty with it!
Loads of bits to get for xmas, GPS, Airhawk, panniers, hugger, different screen, engine bars, tankbag, exhaust........ the list goes on!

Lee

54 12GS

Don't worry, it's a great bike.

Sure some of us have had issues but many people haven't.

I doubt you'll have reason to regret it!

Dont worry someone will take it off your hands.
Remember to sell your goodies b4 you exchange it for a GSA1150. :D

Welcome.
Don`t worry...just ensure you change your 1200 for a VASTLY superior 1100 before the end of the warranty period... :D :D

Hi Orange, welcome to the site. Don't believe everything you read on here... they're a great bike and they're as reliable as any, provided you
a) check the oil REGULARLY
b) run it in properly
c) RTFM....

Mine's been absolutely reliable and it's the best bike I've ever owned.

I'd echo what Geordie Steve said. I've had mine since Oct 04 and it's a cracking bike. Yes I've had one or two niggles with it but they've both been rectified under warranty and the riding experience is just brilliant.

Ride and enjoy.

mines had a few, er, well OK a LOT of issues, but I'm concluding it's one of the very early production ones.
The demo one I've had for the last couple of weeks has been great and is restoring my faith a little

BMW dealerships *generally* are very helpfull too.

Recommend avoiding the BMW luggage system or your luggage will go all Air France (arrive at a different destination 2 weeks late all smashed up)

Welcome.....you tell us what's worrying you and get it off your chest:)

Stop worrying man. Mine's never missed a beat (although I have beat it a few times :D )

The future's bright - the future's :roll

hello and welcome

you should of got a far far superior 1150 - in sunny yellow !

marcus said:
mines had a few, er, well OK a LOT of issues, but I'm concluding it's one of the very early production ones.
The demo one I've had for the last couple of weeks has been great and is restoring my faith a little

BMW dealerships *generally* are very helpfull too.

Recommend avoiding the BMW luggage system or your luggage will go all Air France (arrive at a different destination 2 weeks late all smashed up)

Just to be perverse: On our Romania trip 2 x 1200s with BMW panniers had no prob's and the roads are proper GS country.

:beer:

I was going to post a link to a poll (which showed that the vast majority of 1200 owners would buy another one) but for some reason, I can't find it. :nenau I know there was one, coz I was surprised at the result.

Perhaps I'm being cack-handed, you may have more luck.

I've done 14,000+ miles on mine in a year including the aforementioned trip to Romania: 5,300 miles in circa 3 weeks.
I was worried about reliability.
I'm not now>

Attachments

• Romania Trip 039.jpg
    Romania Trip 039.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 63
Hello orange, and welcome here (im only one day here)... i also have my 1200 since 10th November..

The only thing change until now (im with 1600kms) was the batery, have a factory problem a the upgrade the ABS software, this one palys to all bmw motorcycles with abs...

Back
Top Bottom