Tom Tom Rider Mount

Adam Purshall

Does anyone know of a mount that can be used to mount the Tom Tom Rider above the speedo/rev counter. I have seen a 2610 mounted there, and it is nicely "in vision".

Adam

:thumb

Adam Purshall said:
Does anyone know of a mount that can be used to mount the Tom Tom Rider above the speedo/rev counter. I have seen a 2610 mounted there, and it is nicely "in vision".
Adam :thumb

Adam I assume we're talking GS here and not any other make or derivative?. You guys do catch me out!. A trawl thru earlier threads on the subject you'll see one member has already done a hybrid, using the TT Rider cradle and used a RAM-B-149Z which works or if all four holes are used, then a RAM-B-149Z-Q1.

Migsel makes the speedo bracket unit for the 1150GS, so if using the Migsel speedo bracket then add RAM-B-201-A and RAM-B-202 and use the existing TT cradle assembly.

I notice that Keba has a K1200 and if beneath the BMW logo bezel (on the yoke) there is a thread then I have attached a RAM-B-236 and built up from there.

As yet there is not a RAM cradle for TT Rider, but if happy with what TT offer then it can be adapted quite easily.

RAM-man

Yes it is for GS.

Many thanks for help, will now go "shopping".

Adam :clap

Hi Adam,

My speedo mount is this:

43457747-M.jpg

The ball you can see is a 1" RAM ball. So if you can mount your TT Rider on a RAM mount, you can put it on a "migsel" too.

Cheers,
Michel
>> GSrijder@hotmail.com

My second (and more permanent) fixture involved a drill.....

Works great though! In the end unless I wanted the rider to one side, I had to do something rather custom and permanent...

YMMV

"As yet there is not a RAM cradle for TT Rider, but if happy with what TT offer then it can be adapted quite easily".

... using the TT Rider cradle holder use a RAM-B-238 diamond base and two M3 screws/washers/lock washers. The round RAM base RAM-B-202 does not line up with any hole pattern TT have used (so its not AMPS format).

I saw a Suzi 650 last week (in at gpsw and was called to help) with the TT mount fitted, immediate observation (s), mount anchor and arm were loose couldn't be tightened up further, mount parts not rugged or robust, so re-engineered with RAM-B-272, RAM-B-201 and RAM-B-238. :thumb

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom