A GS convert

crackles2005

Hi All
Just thought I'd say hello to you all! I've newly parted with my ZX9 for an 1150GS. Fantastic it is, if a little heavy (will I get used to that?) I guess my being so vertically challenged (5'8'') doesnt help! And as for ABS, what can I say! Its amazing!!! Hopefully the GS will help me preserve my licence :eek:
The garage recons I'm one of the younger GS riders out there, something I had not thought of before. Anyone else think they are young?!?
One question, does anyone think its normal for selection of 1st gear to be a bit tempremental on an '03 model (23K miles)?
Cheers and safe riding!
Crackles
Any fellow GS-ers near southampton?

Hello mate :thumb I don't think you can ever get use to the weight when standing still or moving around the garage, but when it gets going it's the quicker and lighter than any sports bike i've ever had around the twisties , so don't expect to be slowing down :confused: Somebody should realease a dvd with specific exersise's on it for owning a GS ADV . :beerjug:
Oh and welcome .
P.S. my first post without taking the :pissl I've just turned 40ty oh dear :(
does this mean i'm groing up ? No :dabone Be good :thumb

I'm 32 (Was 31 when I got the 12GS) and whenever I go into a BMW dealership I'm usually the youngest person there so don't worry about your age. I'm only glad that I got the GS bug as early as I have. Actually I had an Aprilia Caponord before the GS so age isn't an issue when it comes to riding big trailies.

Happy riding!

crackles2005 said:
The garage recons I'm one of the younger GS riders out there, something I had not thought of before. Anyone else think they are young?!?

Welcome crackles. Errr... is this mental age, or the number worked out from a birth certificate? At the age of 52 I guess I must be quite young mentally. Why else would Mrs Jedi keep accusing me of acting like a child? :bounce1

Hello Crackles,and welcome.

Biking keeps you young as it is.....GSing keeps you younger still.. :thumb

well i dont have mine yet, but if i get it as planned (if park lane play the game) then i will be 29, young enough?

I'm not the youngest!!! & foglights

Nice to meet you all (what a friendly bunch you are!)
Ahh, it seems those garage scallies were flattering me by commenting on my striking youth just to sell me a bike :) A motorcycle dealer, stooping to such lows, I ask you!!! At 33years old (chronologically) I am clearly not the youngest GS-er, but my pre-pubescent mental age keeps me feeling young!

I've just put one of those autoswitch gizmos on it (I likes my toys). Anyone any idea how I set the foglights (fitted to engine bars) to their correct height?

A 29 year old in the process of buying a new 12GS? I must be in the wrong job :eek:

Safe riding all & CU later
Crackles

Anyone any idea how I set the foglights (fitted to engine bars) to their correct height?
The owners hand book has a guide to setting the dip beam to the correct height. May help :thumb

lukate said:
The owners hand book has a guide to setting the dip beam to the correct height. May help :thumb

Hand book also states the age you have to be to own a GS :D

Oh yes. 1st Gear.

I find that when it's cold First can be a bit of a bugger to find. A quick blip with the throttle and in it goes. I haven't done anything about it because everyone says BMW Gear Boxes are not so hot, so I'm assuming this is normal.

By the way I have a 1150 GS '02 plate so very similar to your machine.

Hope this helps

aah the wrong job,

i wish, its taken a couple of months in the gulf and the benefit of tax free to get one, 8,500 for a 12 gs with abs, grips, alarm, bm vario side boxes, if i have to pay full price, no way

James Burton said:
Hello mate :thumb I don't think you can ever get use to the weight when standing still or moving around the garage, but when it gets going it's the quicker and lighter than any sports bike i've ever had around the twisties , so don't expect to be slowing down :confused: Somebody should realease a dvd with specific exersise's on it for owning a GS ADV . :beerjug:
Oh and welcome .
P.S. my first post without taking the :pissl I've just turned 40ty oh dear :(
does this mean i'm groing up ? No :dabone Be good :thumb

Aha! At last you weaken Burton: At the metric age of 103 you show mercy...ha-ha, dribble etc.....

....in my day.....

:beerjug: :dabone :beerjug: :dabone :beerjug:

ChrisKelley said:
Aha! At last you weaken Burton: At the metric age of 103 you show mercy...ha-ha, dribble etc.....

....in my day.....

:beerjug: :dabone :beerjug: :dabone :beerjug:

Just lulling him into a false sence of security :eyebrow ( i am not the weak one you talk about ) :darth
The Apartment Thursday night 8pm , i'll be carrying a dead cat so you recognise me :kitty :reaper
Be good , JB :beerjug: :thumb

Back
Top Bottom