Hi everyone

Geraldatric

I have just joined so thought I would say hello. I have a 2001 1150GS. I bought it in April 05. It is a great bike. Something I would like to know is as I am rather short in the leg has anyone out there bought the lower seat for their GS. How much did you pay and did it make any difference. Was it as comfy as the standard seat. Am looking forward to any reply.

Hi Geraldatric and welcome!

I would like to help you with your query but I am have a 1200 meself and I too am short in the leg. I dab a bit and try to keep the thing rolling and have so far never embarrased any of my family by falling off at a junction etc.

Good luck!! :beerjug:

Dropping it!

You just have to concentrate! Look out where you park it - if you get on a real camber you will have trouble lifting it to get away. I am afraid that I 'allowed' mine to run off the side stand on a few occasions, it only needs the slightest encouragement. However I did have the standard BMW crash bars and they worked everytime so when I traded it in ( for a 1200 of course) it was still pristine. The 1150 is a fabulous bike - but the 1200 seems far less heavy (well it is in fact) and, touch wood, mine has stayed upright for a year and a bit. A bit chilly now but I use it every day; Merry Christmas; Brian in France, South of lyon

Geraldatric

Great username, made oi larf! (my mate Gerald is getting some stick with that tomoz)

Don't bother with the lower seat, just pull up next to high kerbs like the rest of us shortarses......more of us with the 1150 than you think! :beerjug:

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to one and all

Thanks for the replies serious and humorous. I followed up some of the links and have decided to try a lower seat out. Will have to wait till after Christmas.

Everyone out there have a great Christmas.

By the way Mark my real name is John not Gerald but when at work there was too many Johns so I got nicknamed Jerry. I thought Geraldatric sounded better.

Mel said:
Hi Geraldatric and welcome!

I would like to help you with your query but I am have a 1200 meself and I too am short in the leg. I dab a bit and try to keep the thing rolling Good luck!! :beerjug:

Wanna swop for a low seat?

Back
Top Bottom