2004 R1150GS

mmmmmmmmm!!!!!! dont look alot does it!

Strange new lid though looks like he is going in for a Joust:D

:beerjug:

2004 1150gs

yep seen it.mcn quotes topping 100bhp,alloy wheels,lighter bike etc,bring it on may be on my list next year.

well said bumble bee

where is the interest in this thread.

big gordy

Gordy

To answer this and your other thread - I think people are a bit wary of jumping to conclusions about a bike which has a measure of disguise about it. Are the wheels gonna be alloys ? maybe. will the lights look that silly ? maybe.

I think I'll reserve judgement until I see a photo without the disguised bits.

Re: Rugby - England played well for first 25 minutes then eased up - Italians played with vigour and deserved more than the try they got. My wife is Italian so this is always a grudge match in our house - we beat them at rugby - they beat us at football.

I sit next to a Welshman at work so I will be taking a wooden spoon in with me to prepare for the final 6-nations outcome :)

Cheers - hope the head doesn't hurt too much for work this morning......

6X

Lookslike what alot of us sek to do to our GS's now, wheels you can put stickier rubber on, a bit more power,
I'll stick with me current GS and go down the line that they get better with more miles on.
Anyone got some ally wheels to sell me cheap??
Track days coming up

I quite like it - bit worried about the riders and their visors though :confused:

..is this really a new 1150gs? Will need to get the GSA ordered asap then. if thats the best they can come up with,,,

are you kidding me!!!!!!!!

Exept for the cast wheels(I don't like them much,,19"front,,we think!?!?!?) that bike sound like a big improvement,,if not a much lighter stronger structure.
did you look at the cilinder heads???????
they are very small,,,, almost no finns,,who is to tell,but a new media needs to be use to cool that engine:D on the other hand I don't know if the added complexity can be justified,in terms of reliability.!?!?!?
the whole front end fairing treatment confirm the need to route the air into the air sccops,as a industrial designer,I'm use to see the stuff on "prototype"stage,even if it is being trying to camuflage,and I see a TON of smart ideas,actually a whole new way of doing things,,I'm exited,I do hope they get away from this "bigger is better "philosofy and go back, at least a little to the R80G/S days.
the best GS of all.

look at the whole rear subframe ,and foot peg area,rear Rack,is a way more triangulated structure,aparentlly the final drive is a "floating structure".... a more rigid structure,capable of carring more load,and for sure with a lot less weight .

I think the bike is great,,and I'm dieing to see more of it

here is a tread on ADVrider about it
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13941&highlight=2004:D

come on you are the ENGLISH mans,the ONES I look for inspiration,because the U.S. magazines SUCK big #@!& Time.(I only READ english magazines)
so keep the mind open,and LOOK beyond the stickers.

Ricardo

its mainly the cylinder heads that made me think it isnt an 1150 -assuming they havent got a few cylinders, tucked away on the other side of the bike....

It could be a great bike but I want a big bike----BIG----my size!

will check out the advrider forum thanks for that.

glad to hear you are a fan of the British!!

Spanish Bob said:
Ricardo

its mainly the cylinder heads that made me think it isnt an 1150 -assuming they havent got a few cylinders, tucked away on the other side of the bike....

It could be a great bike but I want a big bike----BIG----my size!

will check out the advrider forum thanks for that.

glad to hear you are a fan of the British!!

The head are small,,because is a WATER COOL engine,the heads will be the same size if the bike was a 650 CC,,850 CC, the only reason for a "finnless" heads is because they are not ussing air as the main cooling factor.

British mazagines,,,,,,,totally rule from street figher to bike,to performance bikes,is a shame they are so expensive here, about $10 each,,for 2/3 years I want a subsription to MCN but I think is about $240 and I just don't have the money.
the british sence of humor and the irreverance is so much better that the "BUTT kissing" from the american magazines. I don't even read the ones on this country...boring,,boring,and you can not trust them to complete.

Ah OK

still want a nice big fat adv though!!! Its funny the mag seems to be Spanish - dont trust them Spanish bike mags much as they are totally in the pocket of tha manufacturers and even worse they havent got much of an idea about bikes .

cheers

bob

Re: Mr Kuhn

Spanish Bob said:
OHHhhh are you talking about this one!?!?!?
,maybe now you know,why I'm interested on a stronger bike,not to mension a sub frame
15961-Medium.jpg

I don't like cars,and more than that I don't know how to drive them, so I do everything out of the bike,,and belive me I can more or less do anything,with her.
that bike,at that day was 176,000 milles old:D today 7 months later is about 189,000 M

Re: Re: Mr Kuhn

ricardo kuhn said:
.....that bike,at that day was 176,000 milles old:D today 7 months later is about 189,000 M

nothing, a mere baby!

we need a Ricardo calendar!

Re: Re: Re: Mr Kuhn

Spanish Bob said:
nothing, a mere baby!

we need a Ricardo calendar!

NOPE i'm not even close to"rock star" status.

I just ride them,
break them.
fix them and ride them so more...

is a CYCLE of life,,and i learn a lot in the process.

This could be the GS that tempts me away from my Viffer. Alloy wheels and more power. Yum!!

But how much will it cost????

Flyer

Back
Top Bottom