Morocco - Tinerhir loop

Jim-Adv

Reaction score
Has anyone done the Tinerhir, Alnif, Nekoub, Tinerhir loop in Morocco, if so can you tell me how long it took.

Thanks

Jim

I did that loop last spring, and the leg from Alnif back to Tinehir a couple of years ago. We are also doing the loop again in April.

I advise going from Tenerhir to Neckob first, the views are outstanding that way. When you head north from Alnif pay good attention to your route description as their are many tracks.

It took us 11 hours to complete the loop but we took our time to stop and brew up etc, and when you descend from the top from Tizi n Tazazert you'll be stopping every few minutes just to look :thumb

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the info, looks like we'll be following in your wheel tracks in May.

Cheers

Jim

I really would do the loop in an anti clockwise direction, you'll see why when you're there. For me it was probably the best days riding of my life, hope it is for you too :clap

Tim

Hi Tim
I'm not sure if my reply to your good news went off or not. Just in case here is my reply:

Hi Tim
OK I'm on for the trip to Morocco, yippee!!!!
Tried to call you just now but you were not available so I will call later today.
My full name and address is:

Edit, Ray it's not a good idea to post your full postal address on a public forum, I've just tried to call you but you're out.
Tim can you send Ray a PM
Paul G (BHT)

Looking forward to speaking later.
Ray

RayS said:
Hi Tim
I'm not sure if my reply to your good news went off or not. Just in case here is my reply:

Hi Tim
OK I'm on for the trip to Morocco, yippee!!!!
Tried to call you just now but you were not available so I will call later today.

Looking forward to speaking later.
Ray

As Tim said, the loop was the best days riding he has had, and me.

Everyday on Tims last trip was better than the last, everydays riding was just truely fantastic.

In Tim a true freind was made, a lovely man, also a life changing experiance for me.

Ray, that yippee is so great to see.

:thumb

Is there anywhere I can get more info on the loop as it sounds interesting. I'm in soutern Spain in june and considering going into Morocco.

Steve

Steve V said:
Is there anywhere I can get more info on the loop as it sounds interesting. I'm in soutern Spain in june and considering going into Morocco.

Steve

Its routes M6 and M7 in Sahara Overland ed 1, and the tracks can be clearly seen on the IGN 1:1,000,000 map of Morocco.

Hi Has anybody got any mapsource tracks for this loop..
Or any interesting tracks for morocco because i am going there for the first time i a couple of months
Thanks

Garry Holloway said:
Hi Has anybody got any mapsource tracks for this loop..
Or any interesting tracks for morocco because i am going there for the first time i a couple of months
Thanks

i have and you are more than welcome to them but can seem to get them of my GPS

Its actually M4 and M5. Errol and others did M4 yesterday from Alnif to Tinerhir and it took them two hours, we did M5 today from Tinerhir to Nekob and it took five hours. GPS waypoints are in book

Tim

Tim Cullis said:
Its actually M4 and M5. Errol and others did M4 yesterday from Alnif to Tinerhir and it took them two hours, we did M5 today from Tinerhir to Nekob and it took five hours. GPS waypoints are in book

Tim

Not in my version it isn't you must have the later one

Maroc

They're M4 and M5 in my book too.

Took us about 2 hrs to do Alnif Tinerhir... too late to do Tinerhir Nekob.

Will do that next time.

M4 nothing special in my opinion, and by all accounts M5 is much better.

Will

Can anyone help with this.

Which Map of Morocco is the best to buy.

Thanks Dazzer

Daz

sahara overland recommends

Michelin map 741 as a first step

im sure Tim will come along to give more advice

You are more than welcome to borrow my book

Watch out as you need to buy the latest eddition of this book, as the ROUTE numbers changed last print, make sure that all in a group have the same edition.

Granny sucking eggs, but some people don`t have grannies !

Back
Top Bottom