new member from Uxbridge, london

Gregarious

Hello

Just got myself a Black 04 F650 :)

Converted from a Honda Hornet I've seen the light, praise the lord!

Hello there,

Welcome... :beerjug:

There`s quite a few 650 owners here,and the 650 Forum is quite a friendly and informative section,should suit a GREGARIOUS person... :D :D :p
Enjoy.

Thanks

Been looking around the site and there's some cracking pages here

Have a good new year :beer:

Welcome!

Now this may sound odd (I'm not sure if Uxbridge is many peoples idea of a 'touring' destination), but can you advise of any decent places with secure (bike friendly) parking in the area? (I'm interested in mooching around the area where some of my family lived for generations).

Mike.

Welcome

There a few regular gatherings around the London area, namely Ace cafe, Doggetts and Battleaxes however Doggetts and Battleaxes seem to die off during the winter months for some reason.

Hope to see you at meeting in the new year

Welcome Greg

There are a few of us in the Ickenham, Ruislip, High Wycombe area, I used to ride a 650 dakar and am now on a 1150 adv, we are usually down the Ace first Sunday of the month. If you fancy a run out let us know.

Jim

Parking and ACE

Definatley up for the ace. See you there is there a normal time to meet?

Mike As for parking in Uxbridge thers three places for bikes in the town centre

1 At the bottom of Belmont road by WHSmith opp Barclays. Its free and there is lots of people around so should be fairly safe

2 At the bottom of Belmont road it turns sharp right into the High Street about 100 metres up on the right is a kebab shop (opp Tescos) there is a place there for bikes but I dont like using that on as there is an alley there aswell

3 Park in sainsburys you'll have to pay and the space isnt very big but it in the open

All above OK for daytime wouldnt leave it overnight there.There are multi storey car parks aswell but dont know what there like as never use them
I look into overnight parking
If youre a member of HM forces theres and RAF camp 2mins walk from centre but you will have to blag it
DO NOT park on the Uxbridge road as very popular for thefts from cars
Theres a big roundabout by St Andrews church. And its got diesel or something on it as is slippery even when dry
Hope this is of use to you, if you need to know where anything else is then gis us a shout

Gregarious,

Watcha and welcome on board.
If the boxer twin guys get uppity about F650's, (not that they would do such a thing) just remind them the mileage you get from a tankfull and watch them wince. :cool: :thumb
If you want to pop down towards Henley for a ride, let me know. :beerjug: PB

Gregarious said:
Definatley up for the ace. See you there is there a normal time to meet?

most seem to get there 0930 - 1000 ish and tend to drift away around 1200 ish or before depending on what they have got to do/ride to/ clean/ sleep to catch up on/ pipe to smoke/ slippers to brush

Welcome btw
:thumb

Dahoum said:
most seem to get there 0930 - 1000 ish and tend to drift away around 1200 ish or before depending on what they have got to do/ride to/ clean/ sleep to catch up on/ pipe to smoke/ slippers to brush

Welcome btw
:thumb

The Ace Cafe meet is the first Sunday of each month

images

Thanks for the offer theres some good roads around there ( Henley) its been a while since been over that way. :thumb

I will be at the ace this feb 5th probaly early as I normally am.

Is there an idiots guide to putting pics on here as tried but it didnt work :nenau

Gregarious,

Stick the piccie on a photo website and copy the link using the "insert Image" icon. You can only upload once you pay your £10 membeship dues. PB

Back
Top Bottom