Jockser

Hi Big Fella

No word from either Jockser or Sugarcube as far as i'm aware I'll check with a fella I know who was working on Erroll's bike before departure and get back to you.

Regd's K

TI,
sorry for the lack of attention.I am having a few bevviies.I had a quick look around the site earlier and could find no info.Ta for the link.
That morocco trip looks like good craic!

Sorry Mod

:mmmm Wouldn't have thought of looking in the Bollock's Forum for such a Ride Out

Panniers look'n good Civil

Regd's K

Hey guys!

Have been sending Aidan an email everyday as we are not sure how long we will get a connection for every night. We have just emailed him a few more.

Currently sitting in a bar in Fes with the T.I.T.S as we were able to come to their rescue today.

A bit behind the rally now but we will catch it up within 2 days and will keep you all posted.

Regards,

Errol and Jochen.

HELLO

Mrs Sugarcube here. The guys were hoping to reach Marrakech today had a few very scary momemts yesterday on a mountain pass in a blizzard. All well at the moment.Errol sends me texts every day so I don't worry too much
Emma

Emma

Keep us posted if you don't mind like to hear what's go'n on out there
next time your texting him let him know I was asking for him.

Regd's K :thumb

Got this text message from Sugarcube Saturday night;

We had a bad day today. Left Tinehir to go through Todra Gorge and up the High Atlas mountains. Reached 8900ft. The weather turned on us and the mountain became unpassable. We had to turn back but it was blizzard conditions by now and it too had become unpassable. I was running low on fuel and we got some in a container at a small village called Agoudal. Locals were a bit intimidating. Took 5.5 hours to go 55 miles. Hairpin bends with sheer drops in snow and ice. Not good. Will assess bike damage tomorrow when light. In bed now. Relieved to have got out of that situation. Will keep you posted.

No word yet today as to how they are, but the SMS seems to be somewhat patchy. Stand by for updates when they arrive.

Aidan

6.50pm Sunday update

Text message received...........

We spent the morning fixing the bikes. Mine is OK. Engine bars and panniers saved it. Nice dent in the exhaust though. Jochen is a different story. LHS cylinder head broken and cover gouged, RHS cylinder cover slightly gouged. 1 bash plate broken, front LHS pannier dented, inside front corner of RHS pannier dented. Left Tinehir @ 1pm headed southwest to some village 40 miles west of Ourzazate. Stopped early as sunlight was painful as we were heading west on dangerous roads.

Thankfully apart from some minor machine damage, all are well. :thumb

Aidan

7.25pm Sunday update

Another text message this evening.............

All 3 bikes were low on oil. Sorted this morning. Jochen is OK. He had nightmares last night about it all. Didnt sleep well. I was out like a light. We are both sore and tired but it could have been a lot worse. It doesnt bear thinking about us getting an injury, puncture, bike failure last night.

Seems like last nights adventure has come home to roost now. :eek:

Aidan

Aidan1150 said:
Look here Big Fella linky here

You on for the Donegal run? Or will you be munching beans in Slough? :nenau

Aidan,
i hope to make the run.The swindon thing is still a bit sketchy.I will be going.When and for how long depends on the suits. :bow

Sugarcube has just rang from a hotel in Guelmim. Jockser turned for home today and is in a hotel in Marrakesh tonight.

Brian & Errol are pressing further on down tomorrow towards Boujdour. The route is along the coast apparently, so should be much easier on the guys and on the bikes.

Errol was in great form, very upbeat and enjoying the whole experience immensely. It was good to hear from them. :thumb

There's no green-eyed smilie on this forum or I'd use it. :rolleyes:

Then again, there's always next year :D

23.58 Monday....update

Text received from Errol.............

Today we left Tazenakh. Room B&B was £8 each. Room was freezing. Slept with clothes on including fleeces. Headed to Agadir. Dropped off road tyres at an office belonging to a girl we met in Merzouga. Said good-bye to Jochen. He is now in Marakech. We are in Guelimin about 75 miles north of Tan Tan. We plan to reach Boujour tomorrow. Eid festival starts on Wednesday so tomorrow is the last day for the locals to prepare for it. Anticipating quiet roads.

Tuesday @21.55 Text update

Latest text update from Errol & Brian

Left Guelimin this morning at 10am. Arrived in Tan Tan at around lunchtime. Got on the GSer site at an internet cafe. More photos sent. Met a German rider coming the other way who told us that the Mauritanian border was not too bad. He also told us that the coast road in Mauritania is now tarmac in most places with dunes covering parts. Washed two days of clothes. Hope thay are dry in the morning. Staying in the UN controlled Laayoune. 4star hotel with no hot water. 35€ for the room. Petrol is now leaded only. Need a jerry can for Mauritania crossing as the new road has no petrol stations yet. Road is 450km long. Long dat tomorrow. Hope to be at the border tomorrow night. Errol.

Wednesday 9pm update

Todays text from Errol..............

We only got as far as Dakhla today.
West Sahars only gets two days of rain a year. Guess what? We got one of them!
Everything a bit damp. Crosswinds were a bastard too.
Tomorrow is a bit more difficult as we have to get to the border before the Moroccans close it for a lonh lunch. Then 440kms of road with no petrol stations.
Need to find jerry cans in the morning. Bike to get some TLC in the morning as some bolts are noticibly loose. Eid today. Very little traffic. At one point, no car passed by for 78 miles. Very boring road.
Bike in a secure garage with a sacrificed goat. Took a photo. Blood over the floor behind the bike.
Errol.

Back
Top Bottom